Chapter 9

The trial was a secret and only a few people knew which is why I had a carriage come pick me, Hange and Mike up to take us to the Inner Walls.

The ride was not exactly the best, not with Hange who kept teasing me.

"See, I told you so." Hange said after I explained what Petra had told me.

"We aren't inseparable." I said as Hange raised an eyebrow.

"You guys are like joined at the hips, literally." Hange said as I rolled my eyes.

"He's also nice to you." Hange said and that made me raise an eyebrow.

"Excuse me? I don't think you understand the concept of nice." I said as Hanji rolled her eyes.

"Oh, please. You could call shorty a dumbass and he wouldn't make you run till you pass out." Hange said as I opened my mouth, but closed it straight away as I realised she was right.

Levi may be an ass, but he was much less rude to me than others.

Hange had a triumphant gleam in her eyes as I rolled my eyes.

"Shouldn't you be worried if we'll be able to get Eren on our side? What if Military Police get their hands on him and kill him, then you won't get any research." I said as Hange fell to her knees making me blink in shock.

"Y/n! Promise me you'll convince them! Tell them that Eren is harmless! Let me experiment on him, please!" Hange yelled in the carriage as I blinked in shock.

"J-Jeez Hange, alright." I said as Hange sat back down and stared out the window.

"But if the Military Police do get their hands on Eren. I'll kill them myself." Hange said, voice deadly calm, which didn't mean a good thing.

We arrived at the Military Court, I walked behind Hange and Mike as we made our way to find Erwin and Levi.

"Commander, Captain." I said as I spotted Levi and smiled at him.

He gave me a nod but I swear I saw the corner of his lips curl up a little before he slid his steely mask back on place.

Hange was talking to Erwin as I turned to Levi.

"So, how was your tea talk with Eren?" I asked as Levi scoffed.

"He can barely talk to me without trembling with fear." Levi said in a deadpanned look as I chuckled.

"You just need to smile more." I said as used my fingers to press the corner of Levi's mouth up, giggling as he shook my hands off.

I chuckled again but stopped as I saw Hange staring at me, wiggling her eyebrows at me as if saying I-told-you-so.

I rolled my eyes, mouthing "friends" to her as Levi gave me a look but I just gave him a shrug.

"Hange, you better get going. The trial begins in 15 minutes." Erwin said as Hange and Mike left to go get Eren.

"So what exactly is the plan? Anything change?" I asked as Erwin shook his head.

"Levi will do what is necessary to sway Zachary into putting Eren in our hands. However, we did find out that Eren is unaware of where his powers came from, however he is certain we have to reach the basement of his house. He says it holds the answers." Erwin said as I nodded.

"Don't hurt the boy too much." I said as we made our way to the trial room.

"I can't promise you that." Levi said as I rolled my eyes.

We entered the large room, Erwin, Levi and I moving to the opposite end of the Military Police.

As we watched them talk among themselves, whispering about how Eren was a threat, Levi turned to me, whispering in my ear.