Chapter 56

"The Attack Titan."

Those were the words Eren muttered as Hange, Levi, Armin and I just stared at him as he paid no attention to our presence.

"What are you doing?" Hange asked, breaking the silence as Eren blinked in surprise before looking at us with that dumbfounded look on his face, as if he didn't know we were here until Hange spoke up.

Hange proceeded to lean on the wall, likewise to what Eren was doing and imitated him, "The Attack Titan." She repeated, before looking back at Eren in curiosity.

"Didn't you just do that?" Hange asked, as Eren just denied it with a simple, "No." making me snort a little at his very, un-obvious lie as Hange let out a noise of exclamation.

"Huh?! He did that, right? Didn't you three see that just now? Oh please, tell Mama Hange you saw it!" Hange said, throwing an arm over my shoulder as I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't actually hear it, you must be going crazy." I teased Hange as she pouted slightly, looking at Armin for back-up.

"Yeah, but that was..." Armin said, trailing off as Hange turned back to me, grinning like a fool.

"See! I was right!" Hange said, laughing before turning to Eren, "What was that all about, Eren?" Hange questioned again as he continued to just stare off into nothing as I felt a pang of worry towards him.

Something about him doesn't feel right... I'll check up on him later.

"No, it's nothing." Eren said, brushing it off, but Hange didn't seem to relent as she kept pushing.

"It's the name of your Titan, isn't it? What were you doing talking to yourself?" Hange kept pushing as I was about to stop her but someone else spoke first.

"Enough, Hange. He's 15 years old. Everyone goes through a phase." Levi explained as Hange had a confused look on her face.

"Huh? What kind of phase are we talking about?" Hange asked as I let out a small sigh.

For someone who was a nerd and loved to study about titans, sure didn't know enough about humans.

"Hange, I'll explain to you later. It's not right with him here." Armin said as Hange only seemed to get more confused by that.

"Huh?! What do you mean by that?" Hange asked, genuinely curious now, however not getting the cue to drop the subject as Eren seemed to get agitated by her.

"What the hell did you come for?!" Eren snapped, half-yelling as Levi seemed unphased and just opened the door to the cell.

"Get out." Levi said, making Eren blink in surprise, pausing.

"I'm supposed to be disciplined for ten more days." Eren stated as Levi gave him a blank stare.

"It's over. Hange just now was punishment enough." Levi said, his face as solemn as ever but I couldn't help but crack a small smile and almost laughing at that as Hange pouted again.

"Oh come on-" Hange started but I interrupted her before she could get further into her little pout-y rambles.

"We had a talk with Premier Zachary, so don't worry about it. If we jail the heroes who toppled the Armoured and Collosal Titans, it kinda send a bad message, you know?" I said as I grabbed the lock on Mikasa's cell and unlocked it.

"Ha! Sure, as if you didn't just let your personal feelings get in the way." Hange said, poking me in the cheek as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well I actually have logical reasons." I said as Mikasa walked out her cell as I looked her up and down, realising a subtle change in her mass as well as her more-than-usual pale face.