Chapter 10

"Levi, you and your squad will be heading out to the Former Survey Corps Headquarters tomorrow." Erwin said as Levi nodded.

The sun was only beginning to set as I paused outside, making Levi stop as well and look at me.

"Oi, what's wrong?" Levi asked as I looked at him.

"I'm going to go find Kelly and hopefully the others." I said as Levi blinked for a second.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Levi asked as I shook me head.

"I'll be fine. Just tell the squad our plan for tomorrow." I said as Levi nodded.

Making my way to where all the citizens had evacuated to, I closed my eyes, wondering if they knew.

"Look, it's onee-san!" A voice said as I tensed up and looked up to the side and spotted Kelly and the kids.

Part of me was relieved to see them, but the other part of me was scared.

"Y-Y/n!" Kelly stammered as she ran up to me.

"Where's Finn?" Kelly asked as my eyes widened in shock.

She doesn't know.

"W-We were evacuating b-b-but Finn wasn't with us. We couldn't find him? Is he alright? Is he with you?" Kelly asked as she looked over my shoulder, searching for the stubborn boy.

I stared at the ground.

"Finn's dead." I whispered as Kelly stiffened before grabbing me by the shoulders.

"N-no. You're joking right, Y/n? Not little Finn. H-He's somewhere here, right?" Kelly asked as she shook on her knees, sliding to the ground as she gripped my uniform in tight fingers.

I didn't move, only watched as Kelly mourned over Finn, the kids around us confused.

But, as I explained to them... that Finn was gone from this world, they were all panicking and crying.

I wanted to cry too. I wanted to scream and I wanted to shout. But I had to keep myself together.

I was the strong one. I had to be the strong one.

Later. I promised myself.

- - Time skip - -

By the time I got back to headquarters, I was mentally and emotionally drained.

I was walking through the hallways when I bumped into someone.

"Oi, brat look where you're going-" Levi started but stopped as soon as he saw me.

"Y/n." He said as I didn't even bother to look at him.

"Is everyone else okay?" Levi asked as I nodded, too numb to feel a thing.

Levi sighed before grabbing me by my wrist and dragging me to his room.

He closed the door behind me as he sighed.

"You can cry." Levi said and the tears immediately filled my eyes.

Letting out a shuddering breath, I sunk to my knees, clutching my chest.

"It's all my fault." I whispered out, tears streaming down my face.

"No it's not." Levi whispered in a soft tone.

"But it is! But it is! Maybe if I could've killed the Colossal Titan in time! Erwin put me up there for a reason, and I failed to protect Trost!" I said through my tears as Levi stroked a hand through my hair.

"Y/n, I read the reports and they all said the Colossal Titan just disappeared into thin air. You can't control that." Levi said but I was already on a roll.