Chapter 47

I DID NOT REALISE IT'S BEEN MORE THAN A MONTH SINCE I HAVEN'T UPDATED-

- - -

I let out a small whistle as I watched the massive wooden trunk slam into the ground, dust billowing up as I shook my head in disbelief, staring at the defensive mechanism against the titans.

"Sometimes, I get reminded just how smart you can be." I said, turning around to look at Hange as she giggled, grinning as she swung he3r arm around my shoulder.

"Oh come on, you're just joking right. I make the smartest decisions ever." Hange said, making me raise my eyebrow in disbelief.

"Oh, really? So then what about that time when you jumped out a window and screamed 'I believe I can fly' because someone told you you couldn't?" I said as Hange sputtered, waving it off.

"I am not even done yet. What about that time you-" I started but Hange was already running away, covering her ears as she pretended not to hear me.

"Hange Zoe! Get back here, I am not finished!" I shouted, chasing after her, finally catching up to her.

I tackled her to the ground, tugging her hand behind her back.

"-and when you decided that it would be a great idea to replace Levi's cleaning experiment with polyurethane and natural oils so it stays sticky and then we got our asses kicked-" I didn't get to finish that sentence when a new voice interrupted us.

"I still haven't forgiven you lot for that."

Hange and I both paused our little fighting match as we glanced up from the ground to see Levi glaring at us with a deadpanned look in his eyes.

"And what the hell are you guys doing?" He added as we sheepishly grinned before pulling ourselves upright.

"Y/n started it." Hange blurt out as I snapped my head towards her.

"Hey!" I started, about to grab her but Levi grabbed the back of my collar, making me pout as Hange skittered away, laughing like a goddamn fool she was.

"Oi, calm down. We leave soon. We gotta go kiss the higher-ups asses goodbye as they do jack shit and stay here, all cosy in the walls." Levi said as I cracked out a small snort before coughing, trying to cover it up.

"Yes sir." I said as Levi rolled his eyes before pulling me towards him, making me yelp in shock as he leaned forward.

My heart started racing all of a sudden, and our face were inches apart when he plucked something out of my hair and leaned back.

"You had something in your hair." Levi said, his face emotionless but a small smile was on his lips as I rolled my eyes, trying to ignore my face burning up in embarrassment.

"Whatever." I said before leaning up and kissed his lips lightly, leaving him speechless as I winked at him.

"I would prefer a kiss." I said before racing off as Hange rolled her eyes at me.

"Wow, you guys acting all lovey-dovey." Hange said as I flipped her off.

"Shut up."

- - Time skip - -

The mood was tense and serious all of a sudden as we all stood in the room, the Scouts facing the higher-ups as we saluted to each other.

The sun starting to fall beneath the line of horizon indicated the fates that we would soon meet.

I stared at the fading light, wind blowing my hair ever-so-slightly when I heard someone walk up to me.

I didn't need to turn around to know who it was.

"We're really going to go reclaim Wall Maria..." I mumbled as Levi didn't reply.

I turned a little, staring at him.

"Do you really think we can? The hope of reclaiming back fallen wall. To even hope for such a miracle..." I trailed off as Levi stayed silent before taking a step towards me.

His finger came up to my chin, making me look at him as he stared at me, grey eyes piercing into me.

"Whether we reclaim that wall or not. It means nothing if you aren't there." Levi said as I felt my heart constrict.

"Levi-" I started but he cut me off.

"I'm not asking you to come back uninjured. I know that's pretty much impossible. I'm just asking... To come back alive. Survive. Please, just live." Levi said as I placed a hand on his cheek.

"I can't promise you but I will try. I'll try because I know you'll be there, waiting for me." I said as Levi continued to stare at me with such soft grey eyes.

"Hey! Hange! Good luck!" A loud shout broke us from our trance as we turned to the side as Hange walked towards us, looking down at the commotion.

"Flegel?" She muttered as everyone started yelling cheers for us.

"Take back Wall Maria for us!"

"The future of humanity is in your hands!"

"Captain Levi! Thank you for saving our city!"

"Y/n! Fight for all of us!"

"You all come back in once piece, all right?!"

"But go and reclaim our territory!"

"Someone's got a big mouth." Levi said from beside me as Hange blinked in shock.

"Well, with the commotion we made, of course they'd find out." Hange said as she sighed a little.

"The thing is, all that meat we ordered was from the Reeves company." One of the scouts mumbled to Hange.

"Damn that Flegel." Another muttered when suddenly wide yelling surprised us all.

"Yeah! You can count on us!

"You know we will!"

Jean, Connie and Sasha were obviously getting pumped up from the side as I laughed at the three of them, glad that their spirits were high.

"How long's it been since the Scouts got a send-off like this?" The same Scout muttered.

"Who knows? I don't think we've ever..."

"As far as I'm aware, this is first." Erwin said as I cracked a grin.

"Well, to be pretty fair I guess it's a good way to get the Scouts pumped and-" I didn't get to finish my sentence when Erwin raised his left fist and started let out a long scream.

The crowd from below cheered back as Erwin repeated his shouting, only making the crowd scream back louder.

I glanced at Levi, who seemed to have a shocked look on his face, staring at Levi as did everyone.

Erwin unsheathed his sword and pointed it towards the horizon.

"The final operation to retake Wall Maria will now commence!" Erwin shouted and this time, it was the soldiers who shouted.

We got down to the other side of the wall, mounting the horses as I glanced back, staring at the hundreds of soldiers we had here.

However, part of me wondered how many would be back. How many of these brave warriors would actually be able to come back home?

A small nudge against my knee broke me out of my thoughts as I glanced up to see Levi staring at me, a slightly concerned look in his eyes.

I gave him a small smile of reassurance.

"Advance!" Erwin shouted as he took off, the rest of us following.

The sound of hooves clopping against the ground thundered behind us as we raced onwards, toward the direction of the fallen wall.

To Wall Maria.

- - -

Sorry! It's a short chapter but I think I'll update again soon!

I won't make you guys wait a month, I'm sorry!!!!!