Chapter 25

My stab wound wasn't that deep enough to need stitches.

I wrapped my stomach with bandages, wincing as it throbbed slightly.

The sun was down and we were all taking refuge inside a building, sitting on crates.

3 people were dead. The three people from Hange's squad...

"What's wrong? This grimy place kill your appetite?" Levi asked as Armin, Mikasa, Jean, Connie and Sasha didn't reply.

It was their first witness of watching humans get killed.

By humans.

Not titans.

"No... I just... Y/n-san..." Armin muttered as I winced a little, stretching.

"This wouldn't have happened if we had...." Armin trailed off as I sighed.

"Don't blame yourself for hesitating. You're still young. I'm glad you didn't blood on yours hands today, but that day will come." I said as Jean and Armin stared at me with wide eyes.

"And when that day does come, you can't hesitate. Because it's either your friends... or them." I said as they continued to stare at me.

"I- I could've shot them. I had a gun on me. I could've shot them before you got hurt..." Armin said as he gazed at the ground with sad eyes.

Jean looked up.

"Y/n-san... I thought it was wrong to be fighting other humans... And wrong for Captain Levi to order us to do it. I was afraid to be hurting other people. But... I'm the one who was wrong. Next time, I'll shoot." Jean said as I sighed.

"I never said anything about who was right or wrong." I said as Jean looked at me.

"I don't even know myself. Neither does Levi, Petra or Oluo. Are you really the one in the wrong?" I asked as they blinked in confusion as Levi sighed.

"Now then, it's about time we hear what he has to say." Levi said, standing up and walking to the  leader of the kidnappers that we had caught who was tied up and sitting against a crate.

Petra leaned over towards me.

"How are you?" She asked as I shrugged.

"It's painful, but bearable." I said as Petra nodded before looking back at Levi.

Levi pulled the cloth down from his mouth as the old man started talking.

"Wait! I'm just an old man used for moving wagons around the-" He started but Mikasa interrupted.

"I've met this man once before." Mikasa said as we all glanced at her.

"In the city, people were calling hims 'Boss'." Mikasa said.

"Yeah, I know. Dimo Reeves, right?" Levi asked as the man scoffed.

"Tsk. We were following orders the Military Police forced on us. And failed big time... They'll plunder the Reeves Company for all that it's worth." Reeves explained.

"They won't stop with me and my dumb son. They'll make sure all my employees die in so-called accidents." Reeves explained as my eyes narrowed.

Stupid Military Police who think they own the place.

"So you'll die without a fight? Trost should have collapsed by now, but it's preserved. That's because the Reeves Company beings people and works together. But if the company was gone for good, just how few would survive the winter?" Levi asked as Reeves glanced up at him.

"Are you suggesting I team up with you?" Reeves asked as Levi crossed his arms.

"We just need to know where Eren and Historia are. If you're supplying the Military Police, we can figure something out." Levi said as Reeves blinked.