Chapter 30

I was up late, unable to go to sleep as I stayed by Hange's side.

"You should get some sleep." A voice said quietly to me as I looked at the door to see Levi leaning against the frame, arms crossed.

"Hmm." I said, staring out the window before getting up and pushed the chair in.

I walked over to Levi, closing the door behind me as we both silently walked towards our rooms, everyone asleep at this hour.

"Tomorrow's going to be one hell of a day." I said as Levi hummed a response.

"Not going to break your promise, are you?" I teased as Levi scowled.

"Says the one who ran off after the Interior Police by yourself." Levi said as I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously, not even a scratch on me." I said as I glanced at Levi.

"But, I know you were nicked by Kenny." I said as Levi looked at me before sighing.

"I seriously can't keep a secret from you, can I?" Levi asked as I grinned.

"Hmm, no. I know you too well for that." I said.

"Also your hair's getting long." I said as I ran my fingers through his smooth raven hair.

"It'll only get worse if you can't see. We can't have your hair making you unable to see when you're already that short." I teased as Levi glared at me.

"Like I always say, you're the short one." Levi said as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, still taller than Historia." I said as I opened my room.

"I'll cut your hair now." I said as Levi didn't pause to walk in.

"Wait one sec." I said as I rummaged through the drawers before find the pair of scissors I've always used, grabbing a comb too.

"Bathroom." I said as he grabbed a stool, sitting down as I turned to him.

"Shirt off." I said as Levi pulled the white fabric over his head, folding it neatly as I slicked his hair out with water.

"So, how's things with you and Petra?" I asked as Levi shrugged.

"Hey, don't move!" I said as Levi chuckled.

"It's going fine." Levi said as I narrowed my eyes at him, assessing him.

"You shouldn't be too worried about her. She's strong you know. I mean she was hand-picked into the Levi squad." I said as I trimmed Levi's hair, fingers moving swiftly after years and years of doing this.

"I don't worry about her." Levi grumbled as I scoffed.

"Yeah sure, you nincompoop." I said as Levi rolled his eyes.

"Are you seriously bringing this back?" Levi asked as I grinned like a fool.

"Yeah, well it's not my fault. You were the first one to call me and Isabel that!" I pointed out as Levi rolled his eyes.

"It was on accident!" Levi said as I laughed.

"Seriously though, that was hilarious." I said as I smiled a little sadly.

"Wonder how different it would be if they were here." I said as Levi fell silent.

"I don't know... Maybe it's better they're not in this hellhole." Levi said as I scoffed.

"That's true. Can't believe we came from killing titans to fighting a huge ass human titan." I said as I fell silent.

"Hey, Levi. Do you still want to open that tea shop?" I asked as Levi frowned.