Chapter 1

Old friend, New Lover

Farah/Reader

Readers POV:

You are sitting in your office at your desk marking papers at Eraklyon college, you are just finishing the last of your paperwork when you turn your attention towards the unopened letters that sit on your desk, you weren't surprised when you saw a letter from your old friend Miss Farah Dowling.

Even year around this time Farah send you're a letter, she has sent you a letter for the last three years since she had taken over as headmistress of Alfea, you don't even need to open it as you already know what the letter contains, you smile sadly at the letter as you remember the last time you saw Farah Dowling all those years ago.

Flashback:

Your mum is putting the last of the boxes in the car, when Farah walks up with her mother, it had looked like Farah had been crying, without a word Farah pulled you into her arms, hugging you tightly

"I'm going to miss you y/n" Farah tells you as she started crying again 

"I'm going to miss you as well Farah you're my best friend" you tell her hugging her back just as tightly

"you will always be my best friend" Farah tells you as she holding onto you as if her life depended on it

"Y/N it's time to go" Your mother tells you before she herself says her goodbye to Farah

"here" Farah says handing you a small blue box, you open it to find a silver necklace with half a silver heart, you carefully take it out of the box, holding it up to look at it "I have the other half, see" Farah tells you as she takes your half of the necklace & connects both pieces together, the necklace reads "best friends forever"

You smile at Farah before turning around as you move your hair out of the way letting Farah put the necklace on you, you both hug one last time, kissing each other on the cheek before you finally get in the car, look out of the back window at Farah who was standing in the middle of your old driveway as your mum drives away.

End Flashback:

You were seven years old the last time you saw Farah Dowling & Farah was ten years old as she was three years older than you, you had known Farah your whole life since you were neighbours back in one of the smaller towns in Alfea, until your dad had gotten a new job in Eraklyon & you had to move, leaving your best friend behind, you had been too young at the time to understand what a good opportunity it was for your family, all you knew was that you was being taken always from not only your best friend but everything you had even known.

Pulling yourself out of your thoughts you open the letter & began to read it & sure enough it was almost word for word like the last three letter you have received a letter from Farah, only this time instead of politely declining the teaching position of ancient history teacher, you write back accepting the teaching position with some demands, well only one demand really you require an office with a window, as teachers don't normally get offices they classroom is your office, you also added that you are looking forward to working with her in the new school year as there was only a month left before the end of current school year, you also add how much you are looking forward to seeing her again after so long & where she could reach you once the year was over.

After you finish writing the letter you take a walk into the nearest town to mail it, as soon as you pop the letter into the mailbox you feel some of your stress leave your body those you wouldn't be completely at ease until you are far away from Eraklyon & safely back at Alfea, if truth be told you had actually welcome the letter from Farah, you had been waiting for it this year as you are in need of a much needed flash start.