Chapter 25

Reader PoV:

I lowered myself down onto my knees behind Farah, to get a better look at the scars on her lower back, gently touching her three scars as I studied them closely I could see that they were in fact claw marks, however they weren't just any claw marks from an animal, they were claw marks from a burned one, normally after a burned one is killed the person who is infected and injured by that burned one, is usually completely healed leaving no evidence of infection.

However, saying that, there have been some cases where a person or persons, had been so close to death that when the burned one who had infected them had finally been killed it had left marks, by the look of Farah's scars it looks as though she had been only seconds away from death, that made my heartbreak into a million pieces, I wrap my arms around Farah as I began to kiss her scars lightly as I felt tears at the back of my eyes, if Farah had died and word of her death had reach me back in Eraklyon, then I wouldn't have fought Samantha so hard, I would most likely of welcome death.

"Hay, it's alright sweetheart," Farah says turning around slowly in my arms, placing her hand under my chin, tilting my face upwards toward her, "Am alright, am here, am alive, and just like you survived Samantha, I survived Rosalind," Farah tells me as she smooth my hair, I remain on my knees with my arms wrapped around her waist looking up into Farah's eyes, Farah looked down at me smoothing my hair.

"Did Rosalind have something to do with your scars?" I asked thinking that had been a strange thing to say in this moment.

"I believe so yes, those I was never able to prove it," Farah says with a heavy sigh.

"What happened" I asked her.

"You remember me telling you that Rosalind was cheating on me?" Farah asked and all I could do was nod my head, "about four months before we were on our mission to Aster Dell, Rosalind told me that she had just received word of a burned one attack just outside of the school barriers, she ordered myself and Saul to go and investigate, we thought we were only going after one burned one, however before we knew it, we were surrounded by at least ten burned one if not more, we managed to take down three of them, before we got separated, I took down another two by myself before I felt a sharp pain across my back, before hitting the ground hard, I was able to injure the burned one that infected me, unfortunately the burned one got away," Farah stopped talking for a moment as she got down onto her knees so we were now eye level, taking my face in her hands, leaning her face closer to mine.

"Farah, I don't understand, how is a burned one attacking you Rosalind's fault?" I asked, I hated Rosalind for what she put Farah through, I really did. However just because she was cheating on Farah doesn't mean she try to kill Farah in a burned one attack, did it? 

"It was what happened after I was injured, that made me started to question whether, she was somehow responsible or at least kept some vital information from us," Farah pushed her lips together into a thin line, as she chose her next words, "Saul had to carry me back to Alfea, I was barely conscious, Rosalind told us that she had sent specialist and Fairies after the burned one had infected me, sometime later Saul was getting impatient and hadn't believed Rosalind, so he took it upon himself to track down the burn one and thank god he did or I wouldn't be here... when I question Rosalind about it later, she simply said that there was more important things going on and that losing me was an acceptable loss in the war against burned ones, I wanted to end things right then and there," Farah told me as a tear run down her cheek.

"Why didn't you?" I asked as I pulled Farah into a hug, holding her tightly.

"Rosalind, wouldn't let me, she just simply said that I was being overly emotional after nearly dying and should take a couple of days to myself to heal, after I had discovered she had been cheating on me the whole time, I just couldn't understand why she wouldn't let me end our relationship, then I work it out, if she couldn't kill me than she was going to use me, manipulate me for her own gain, I hate her," Farah tells me as she holds on to me as if her life depended on it.

I have no idea how long we stayed there like that, sitting on our knees holding each other as we cried into each other's shoulders, I hated Rosalind for what she has put my Farah through, I really do, after we finally stopped crying, I pour us both another drink of wine, the wine had turned warm now since we left it out, however we didn't care.

"Farah," I said now sitting beside her on the floor.

"mmm," Farah replied, she hadn't said much in over an hour.

"let's leave them in the past where they belong, they cannot hurt us anymore, so let's not let them, let's not let them win, the best revenge we can give them is to move forward and be happy, we are in our house, our future home where we are going to make lots of happy memories, where we are going to build a life together, starting right now, we are going to go back to sleep, then tomorrow we were go to Solaria and enjoy our day together, we will take things one day at a time and we will never let the ghosts and memories of those two hurt us ever again," I said kissing Farah on the forehead.

"Deal," Farah clicked our glasses together, we finished our wine before lying back down and getting comfortable in each other's arms, before once again allowing sleep to take us.

Three Months Later:

I was standing at the front of my classroom, listening to a debate about combining magic was too powerful and should be band, when the other half of my class believed that combining magic was powerful however was safe when done properly.

"Alright class that's enough for today, we will pick this up again next week, for your homework, I want each of you to come up with pros and cons about the use of combining magic, class dismissed," I tell them as I returned to my desk at the front of my classroom to gather up my papers, I look at my watch Farah was teaching at the stone circle and wouldn't be back anytime soon, plus she likes to hang back to talk with her students, I also enjoy talking with my students as well, today however they all left still talking about combining magic.

I have now been at Alfea for three months now, and I love it here, I get along with all the staff really well, especially Ben and Saul, Farah's two best friends, the students seem to like me well enough, and things between Farah and I are going very well, however we had decided on our trip to Solaria we would take things slow between us, since we had our whole lives together plus we both still had a lot of healing to do, so no we haven't had sex yet, all we have done is kissing, cuddling, we also sleep in each other's arms most nights, only because I find out Farah was helping me to sleep, if I started having a nightmare she would smooth me using her magic, however I haven't had a nightmare in a month, according to Farah, I was still having my weekly therapy sessions, even Farah had decide to start going to therapy, thinking it would do her some good.

Mum was also happy, I talk to her every weekend, and we are planning to visit her at Christmas, at first, we talked about her coming here, as we have a spare room in our home, those we were still living at the school for the moment, however I really wanted Farah to meet John and Michelle my best friends so we decide we would be the ones visiting, Farah had talked to me about my mum coming back to live with us in Alfea, as much as I would love mum to come and live with us, it was completely up to mum at the end of the day and we were going to talk to her about it on our visit.

Yes, a lot has changed over the last three months and I loved it, because I never imagined being this happy, as I walked into my office I saw straight away that someone had left an envelope on my desk and since there was no address, my first thought was it was from Farah, only it wasn't Farah's handwriting, I opened the envelope with a note that had seven words written on it.

"I found you, you belong to me," my heart stopped, there was also a photo inside, the photo was of me and Farah on one of our daily walks, whoever send this had crossed Farah's face out, there was one more photo, it was of my mum, with her face crossed out as well, I felt panic set in, with the note and photos in hand, I run out of my office and through the school, I needed to be by myself, I needed to breathe, I didn't even care that I was bumping into students.

I run into my suite, not the suite I share with Farah, the suite she had given me on my first day here, I locked the door and headed straight for the bedroom, I sit on the floor leaning up against my bed, placing my hand on my chest as I try my hardest to calm my breathing, once I found my breath again, I pull my legs up to my chest holding myself tightly, she has found me, Samantha has found me.

To Be Continued:

There you go, I hope you enjoy this update: R&R are always welcome,