Chapter 9

Old Friend new lover: 

Farah/Reader: 

Reader POV: 

“Who’s Samantha?” Farah asked me, I’m taken aback by that and all I could do was blink multiple times, how did Farah know about Samantha? I didn’t tell her, had John called her and told her what Samantha did to me? No John would never betray my trust like that “You still talk in your sleep” Farah finally tells me; she must have seen the question on my face. 

“She is someone from my past, that I would like to forget” I tell Farah once I find my voice, “please don’t ask me about her again” I ask her as I feel the tears building in the back of my eyes, so I decide to try to keep walking, just as I was about to start walking Farah, grabbed ahold of my arms firmly stopping me from walking away, I let out a breath and Farah must of seen something in my eyes because she takes my face gently in her hands, looking deep into my eyes. 

“y/n you don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to, I would never force you, just know I’m here for you if you even need someone to talk to, I will listen” Farah tells me with a sad smile and for a moment I want to tell her everything, I want to go back to a time where Farah and I have no secrets from one another, than again I don’t want Farah to think of me as weak, because I am not.   

“I really appreciate that Farah” I says giving her a sad smile as well, “and I’m always here for you as well” I tells her trying my best to reassure, with her hands still on my face Farah pulled me closer to her so she could rest our foreheads together, as we stand there, I slowly wrap my arms around her waist, letting my hands rest on her lower back, I’m not sure how long we were standing there like that, those I wish we could stay like this forever. 

“Want to see the gardens now?” Farah asks me with her forehead still on mine, she didn’t move a muscle, I guess she also really wants to stay here like this, so without moving my hands I lift my face up to look at her and I see the warmth of her loving gaze in her eyes, god the way she looks at me I don’t remember Samantha even looking at me that way, why did I have to think about Samantha? It's because of her that I am to damaged; to even be in a relationship again. 

“Lead the way” I say stepping all the way back from Farah and holding up one of my arms in a motion that lets her know to show me the way, as we walk, I feel the pain in my legs, I don’t say anything as I don’t want to ruin our lovely walk 

“I walk in this gardens all the time, it helps to calm my mind” Farah started telling me before taking a deep breath “my first year as headmistress after taking over from Rosalind, there was this girl, she was in her last year and she give me the hardest time” Farah tells me as we walk through the gate to the gardens “she would always tell me that I would never be as good as Rosalind and that it should of me who had dead, I kept trying to reach her to somehow get through to her” Farah tells me, of course she did Farah wasn’t one for giving up on anyone even when we was children. 

“Until one day after class she drop a book on the floor while leaving the classroom and hadn’t notice, the teacher at the time brought me the book and told me to look inside, there was a photo of the her and Rosalind together” Farah tells me, I get a sickly feeling in the pit of my stomach “I called her to my office and asked her about the photo, she told me it was none of my business, I got angry with her and told her it was my business since it was my girlfriend in the photo with her, she laughed at me, saying I had no idea who the real Rosalind was, that Rosalind never loved me and that her and Rosalind was going to be together because she could love Rosalind in a way I never could, in a way she was right, I did love Rosalind but I was never in love with her” as Farah say that last part she entwining our fingers together “It turn out Rosalind had be cheating on me with that girl for over a year, at first I hadn’t believe her until she showed me some texts messages, I felt like an idiot because I had asked Rosalind about that same girl seven months before her death, Rosalind assured me that nothing was going on that the girl had nothing but a simple crush, the thing is those I didn’t care that Rosalind had cheat on me because like I said before I wasn’t in love with her” Farah tells me, I stop walking, making Farah face me so I could be looking her right in the eyes when say what I'm able to say next.  

“Farah you are far from being an idiot just because you wanted to believe and trust the person you were in a relationship with, if anything Rosalind was the idiot to have such an amazing woman like you and to not appreciate you, to bed some stupid girl, I just hope the next person who is lucky enough to be with you actually appreciate and respects you as the amazing, beautiful, kind hearted person that you are, because that person will be the most luckiest personal in all six realms” I tell her as I feel my heartache at the thought of Farah being with someone who wasn’t me, than I remind myself again that I am to damage to be with anyone, those I had realized what Farah was trying to do by telling me that little story, she was hoping that if she opened up about Rosalind I might open up about Samantha, so I decide I will tell Farah it might help me those I think I will wait until we have some kind of alcohol in our hands. 

“Oh y/n that’s very sweet of you, those there is only one person who has always had my heart” Farah tells me with tears running down her cheeks as she pulled me into a hug, she kissies my lips lightly before placing her head on my shoulder “your my best friend and I love you” Farah tells me, I take a step back to look into her eyes. 

TO BE CONTINUE: