Chapter 10

Zukile: "What's wrong precious one?" I shook my head. "Then why're you quiet?"
Me: "I'm always quiet."
Zukile: "Look at you trying to get smart with me." I giggled softly. "Are you sure there's nothing bothering you?" I bit my lip. "Out with it."
Me: "I-I'll tell you when we're sitting down."
Zukile: "Okay." We were walking towards one of the restaurants at school. Like in the morning, people were staring and whispering behind their hands as they pointed at us. It was even worse now. I tried to extract my hand from the handsome man but he held it more firmly in his. I was dying inside since I was a person who hated attention and wasn't used to it. I had pleaded with Zukile for us to have our lunch under my tree but he refused. He said it was cold to eat outside. Even when I tried to argue with him that I wasn't cold he told me to listen to him that he knew best especially when it came to me. One thing I've realized about this boyfriend of mine was that he was kind of bossy.

It's hard to deal with the real you.

The voice just chuckled and said nothing.

Hello?

Nothing.

Really? You're going to ignore me when I need you?

Behave.

What do you mean?

Nothing.

I humph'd. Even the handsome man in my head was giving me a hard time today.

We entered the restaurant and luckily we found an isolated booth that was away from prying eyes.
Zukile: "Tell me what's bothering you."
Me: "Y-You're famous."
Zukile: "What do you mean?"
Me: "Everybody knows who you are."
Zukile: "I wouldn't say everybody."
Me: "Tomato tomahto." He laughed.
Zukile: "You're getting sassy with me precious one?" He teased. I blushed and looked at my hands. "Does it bother you that I'm well known?"
Me: "I-I d-don't like attention." I confessed biting my lip.
Zukile: "I know baby but I what can I do? It's not like I can get unknown." I gave him the look. He smiled. "I'm not really famous. It's just that my friends and I are in the school's basketball team so a lot of people recognize us because of that. There's nothing more to it."
Me: "I-I heard that...y-you r-rejected tons of g-girls." He made a face.
Zukile: "Don't listen to talk baby. I have to warn you, after today there will be a lot of talk going around. Just know that you're the only woman for me no matter what anyone says. Remember I exist and breathe only for you." I stared at him not knowing what to say. This man was intense. "You hear me?"
Me: "I-I'm worried that...I'll ruin your reputation when people find out that you're...dating me." I said the last part softly. "You know, I'm not Naomi Campbell."
Zukile: "Who the fuck is that?"
Me: "She's a model."
Zukile: "Precious one."
Me: "Huh?"
Zukile: "I don't want a model or anyone else for that matter. I want you. Only you. Always. Do you get me?" Gosh! I nodded. "I need words baby so I know that you really get me.
Me: "I get you Zukile."
Zukile: "Good. Now let's order. I'm starved."

I was staring out my bedroom window. It was quiet out there in the forest tonight.

Hey.

Hey baby.

You're sounding more and more like him.

That's because I am him.

Yeah right.

The voice sighed.

What are you doing?

Staring out at the forest. You?

Hunting.

Excuse me?

I'm on a hunt precious one.

You're more crazy than I thought.

He chuckled.

What are you hunting?

Just a second ago you were saying that I was crazy.

Just humor me.

Rogues.

Rogues?

Yes.

Those are werewolves who have either been kicked out of their pack or have left on their own. Right?

I'm impressed precious one.

I've read a lot of paranormal novels. Duh.

I see.

Why are you hunting rogues?

They've been attacking our pack lately.

Our?

You're mine now or have you forgotten already?

Wait. So you're saying that you're a werewolf?

Yes.

And let me guess, I'm your mate?

That you are. Mate. Mine.

The possessiveness in that answer alone almost brought me to my knees but I ignored it and just laughed out loud.

One day you'll find out that all I've been telling you was true.

I doubt that.

Wanna bet?

I don't do bettings with crazies.

Now it was his turn to full on laugh.

Okay. I have to go now baby. We've spotted the rogues.

Be careful.

You're worried about me now, the crazy?

Whatever.

Later mate.