Chapter 13

Me: "Cold shower? Why?" He chuckled and groaned.
Zukile: "Lord please save me from my innocent girlfriend." I bit my lip not knowing what to say. He sighed. "Are you sure your ankle is fine?"
Me: "Yes. All thanks to the wolf."
Zukile: "So a wolf healed you?"
Me: "Yes. Did you know a wolf's saliva has healing powers? Because I didn't know that until today. Isn't that awesome!"
Zukile: "Wow." I giggled.
Me: "I know it sounds crazy but I swear it's a thing. The wolf heals with its saliva."
Zukile: "Ohhh...okay."
Me: "You don't believe me do you." He laughed.
Zukile: "But baby I didn't say anything."
Me: "It's written all over your face. You think I've gone coocoo."
Zukile: "Coocoo?"
Me: "Yes. Cray cray."
Zukile: "Ohhh." He nodded.
Me: "You see so you do agree!" He laughed putting his hands up.
Zukile: "I didn't say anything. Why're you putting words in my mouth."
Me: "Whatever." I sulked. He tweaked my nose and I smiled. He was lucky that he was handsome otherwise I wouldn't forgive him for not believing me. He laughed wrapping his arms around me.
Zukile: "When did you say your family is coming back again?"
Me: "Errm...well..."
Zukile: "Precious one?" He was now looking at me. I closed my eyes. The thing is I had lied to him yesterday when we had talked on the phone. I hadn't told him that they would be gone for the whole weekend. The treatment of my family towards me was still embarrassing to say out loud . "Where are they?" His voice was different now. I opened my eyes. Yeah, he was angry.
Me: "I-I'm s-sorry I-I d-didn't m-mean to lie."
Zukile: "I'm not angry at you baby but at the situation. Yes I'm not happy that you didn't tell me the whole truth but that's fine. Just don't do it next time. Okay?"
Me: "Okay."
Zukile: "You don't have to hide things from me. I'm on your side, always." He told me caressing my cheek. I blinked back tears.
Me: "You're so g-good to me." He smiled.
Zukile: "You're my soul, the reason that I exist. I should be good to you." I threw my arms around his neck.
Me: "T-Thank you even though some of the things you say sometimes scare me a bit." He chuckled.
Zukile: "Precious one, I'm a very intense guy. It comes with what I am."
Me: "Now you sound a lot like the dream you." I mumbled. His body shook in laughter. He pulled back and held the back of neck.
Zukile: "What am I going to do with you baby huh?" Anything you want. His eyes glowed and a deep and sexy growl was released from him. "Be very careful what you wish for precious one." I blushed as I looked everywhere else but him. "I think it's time that you told me about your family precious one." And I did. I told him everything.

We were now on our way to his house. After I finished telling him everything, he told me to go pack a bag since I was going to be spending the rest of the weekend with him. I tried to argue but he told me to not argue and do as he says. And I did. Thing is he had been scary. Not that I thought he was going to hurt me or anything. No. Oddly enough I trusted him. I felt safe with him. Something just told me to do as he said. I kept on giving him side glances on the drive to his house because I could see he was in  a dark mood. The whole car was filled with it and even myself, I could feel it within me. Couldn't explain it but it was like I was in tuned to his moods so I felt what he felt. His eyes were even doing that glowing thing they did which I still didn't think should be humanly possible. Now I see why the wolf's eyes had been familiar earlier on. The wolf and the handsome man had the same eyes.

Zukile's house was in the woods. And it wasn't only his house there. There were many more like maybe ten or twenty of other houses but they were widely spaced out. There were many people wondering about. Men, women and children. They looked like humans but at the same time they also looked different. I don't know how to say it but immediately when we entered this place, the energy or should I say the aura changed. And what was more weird was the people's reaction to seeing Zukile's car. They literally stopped whatever they were doing to lower their heads down. Was it some form of submission maybe? When it first happened with a group of men that were in the midst of building something by the gate I didn't really pay any mind to it but as we kept driving by I saw more and more people doing the same thing. We were parked in front of a three story cabin house to which I immediately fell in love with. It was beautiful. It looked like it was straight out of a picture and I noticed that it was the biggest cabin out of all the cabins I saw when we were driving up.
Me: "How old are you again?"
Zukile: "24."
Me: "You're not in anything illegal right?" He smiled. I was glad to see that his dark mood had cleared.
Zukile: "Precious one what're you trying to say?"
Me: "N-Nothing." He chuckled lightly.
Zukile: "I'm not in anything illegal. Don't worry okay." I nodded
Me: "What is this place? It looks like a community of some sorts."
Zukile: "That's one way to put it."
Me: "Not only are you weird, your life's weird too."
Zukile: "Come, let's go in."