Chapter 91

Me: "The first me? What does that mean?" I asked suddenly feeling a chill run through me like I was being warned that what I was about to hear was not going to be good. Zuki squeezed my hand, feeling my apprehension through our bond. Sophia chuckled.

Sophia: "You think this was the first time we tried to kill you?" She laughed nastily. "We killed the first you a thousand years ago when you were just a tiny wee one."
Me: "I don't get it. How did you even know about me and the prophecy?"
Sophia: "Some witch told us." She said in a bored tone sitting down.
Zukile: "A witch? What witch?"
Sophia: "She's dead now. We killed her after she told us about the human and the prophecy."
Me: "Did she say how she came to know about everything?"
Sophia: "No. We didn't ask. We were scared of being found out so..."
Me: "Then how did you know about the second me?" I know I know. It even sounded weird to my own ears. I was still trying to grasp at everything.
Sophia: "Same thing. A witch told us." I looked to Zukile. "It was after we killed the 4th you that we realized that you were just going to get reborn no matter how many times we killed you. So we devised a new plan of taking you in until we find a way to kill you. We moved from place to place to prevent you from meeting each other but..." She laughed bitterly... "I guess you really can't fight against fate."
Zukile: "You said the prophecy was born with her. How?"
Sophia: "Exactly that. Every time she is born it appears in our heads and minds. We can't escape it."
Me: "Appears...like how?" She sneered at me.
Sophia: "I don't know...I can't explain it but it's there loud and clear."
Me: "And this happens to all you cold ones?"
Sophia: "Yes."
Me: "How are the witches involved?"
Sophia: "I don't know." Zukile growled. Danger and coldness filled the room, and it seemed to wrap around Sophia. She fell to her knees as she cried out gritting her teeth. "I'm telling the truth, I really don't know!"
Zukile: "Then who does?"
Sophia: "The Elders, they...they know everything." She gasped out as she was released from Zukile's coldness.
Me: "Tell us about the red-eyed monsters."
Sophia: "W-What do you want to know about them?"
Me: "Where do they come from? Who made them? How to kill them?"
Sophia: "I know nothing." She mumbled shaking her head. I chuckled.
Me: "You know nothing? Stop kidding. If you knew nothing, your whole clan wouldn't have entrusted me to your family. So you know more than anybody else." She shook her head backing away. "Not going to tell huh?"
Sophia: "I know nothing...I know nothing!" I sighed.
Me: "Okay. Then I guess we'll have to do this the hard way."
Sophia: "W-What hard way? Y-You don't scare me." I laughed.
Me: "Zuki."
Zukile: "Yes my precious one." He opened the cell and I entered slowly. Sophia laughed.
Sophia: "You just sealed your death human."
Me: "Then come at me."