Chapter 69

Zukile: "Okay so we know our enemies. What about these Red-Eyed monsters. How to find them? How to kill them? And where do they come from?"

Zuko: "Think about it. From the beginning who are the ones who wanted Zenande to die?"

Zukile: "The bloodsuckers." He growled.

Zuko: "Yeah and so these Red-Eyed monsters must be connected to them."

Aunt Agnes made a sound at the back of her throat.

Aunt Agnes: "You're not so bad at all at interpreting this prophecy." She said impressed.

Zukile: "So all we need to do is interrogate some bloodsuckers to tell us about these Red-Eyed bastards." Aunt Agnes cackled.

Aunt Agnes: "It won't be easy boy."

Zukile: "I will burn the whole lot of them until I get answers."

She shook her head at him.

Aunt Agnes: "Stupid."

Zukile: "Agnes-."

Aunt Agnes: "I believe you already have a bloodsucker captured in your dungeon. Were you able to get anything concrete out of her?" Zukile gritted his teeth. "That's what I thought."

Zukile: "Then what should we do?"

Aunt Agnes: "What else does the prophecy say?"

Zuko: "Dreams?"

Aunt Agnes: "Yes dreams. It says she will have dreams that will foretell what is to come."

Zukile: "If those dreams are anything like the one she had 2 months ago then forget it. No way in hell Agnes."

Aunt Agnes: "You smelly dog! I'm not the one who's making her have the dreams! It's the Gods and fate! So take it up with them!" Zukile gritted his teeth again.

Zuko: "If the dreams she will have will foretell what is to come, does that make her a kind of Seer?"

Zukile's whole body tensed. Yeah that also gave me a pause. Zukile has told me what has happened to the previous Seers. They were executed.

Aunt Agnes: "This is what worries me the most about the prophecy. If she really does get the gift of seeing in the future then, it will be messy."

Zukile looked at me and the fear I saw reflected there made chills run down my spine. He closed his eyes and put his forehead against mine.

Zukile: "It'll be fine my mate. Nothing will happen. I'll protect you." He vowed as his hand massaged my neck.

Me: "I know." He sighed some of the tension leaving his body then he smiled a small smile.

Zukile: "Thank you baby for having trust in me."

Me: "Since I'm not allowed to thank you, you're also not allowed." He chuckled softly.

Zukile: "Okay." He pulled back. He was more in control now. "Whoever dare tries to take you away from me will die a painful and horrible death."

Me: "Okay."

Zukile: "And even if it so happens that you're a Seer, you will fear nothing because you have me."

Me: "Okay Zuki, I'll listen to you." His face grew intense. I knew this look very well. This is the look he got when I pleased him greatly. My belly flipped.

Zukile: "Good."