Chapter 21

When I awoke, I was on my knees. I was disorientated and had the worst of headaches. It was dark but fire was lit everywhere. Judging from the trees, this was a forest. There were people dancing and chanting around me in a language that I didn't understand. It sounded ancient. I started to feel nauseous and then I fell to the ground screaming because it hurt everywhere. It felt like my very soul was burning. The chanting got louder and louder. I screamed clutching my chest as the pain got more unbearable. I was in pure agony. What was happening to me? I don't know how long the pain went on for but then it suddenly stopped leaving me feeling as good as dead. The dancing and chanting stopped. "So? Did it work?" I heard a familiar voice say.

"It's hard to say." Replied a voice with a thick accent.

"What do you mean? Did it work or not?"

"As I said it's hard to say. It's there and it's not there."

"What the fuck?" A new voice. Also familiar.

"You three had better start explaining yourselves if you know what's good for you."

"Threatening us is not being smart vamp."

"And why not? Will you chant your little spells to make me disappear into thin air?" Cackles went around. "I bet I could drain all the blood in your veins before you could even finish your little spell. What do you say? Should we give it a try?"

"Darling please behave. We still need them."

"Only because you said please."

"Okay so explain what you said before. What did you mean it's there and it's not there?"

"Even though they're not yet mated, they've bonded and their bond seems different. The more we try to break it, the more it becomes stronger and powerful. In all my hundred years of existence, I've never seen anything like it before."

"So you're telling me that there's nothing you can do? You three are supposed to be the best!"

"As I said, their bond-."

"Yeah yeah we heard you the first time old witch. Just tell us what we need to do to sever their bond."

"The only way is to kill her."

"Don't you think we tried that before? Another her will just be born again and then the cycle will begin all over again."

"Fucken prophecy. We need to find a way to stop it or our kind is in trouble."

"I can't-."

"Shh! Shut up for a sec."

"What-."

"Do you guys hear anything?"

"No, nothing. It's quiet."

"Yeah, that's what worries me. It's too quiet."

"Shit."

"They're here."

Just then growls and snarls could be heard. They were surrounded. The Alpha had come for his mate and they'll be hell to pay.