Chapter 68

Zukile and I looked at each other after Aunt Agnes finished reciting the prophecy. To say Zukile wasn't happy was putting it lightly.

Zukile: "What the hell is that?"

Aunt Agnes: "That is the said prophecy." Zukile snarled.

Zukile: "What load of bull-."

Aunt Agnes: "Boy." She warned.

Zukile: "Father what do you say of this?"

Zukile's father stretched his chin.

Zuko: "Let's first try to understand what it says then we'll take it from there."

Zukile: "Father this whole thing is crap. Whatever it says, I won't put my mate in danger."

Zuko: "Son she's already in danger. Vampires are after her because of this said prophecy so we need to understand it first to be able to protect Zenande."

What he said made sense. I was scared but not really scared. More than anything, I was fascinated that I was really in a prophecy. Like, me me me. A savior of this world. Someone of great importance. Me. A measly me! Wow.

"And what I gathered from the prophecy, vampires will not be the only enemy we will face."

Tami: "Yeah. It's said something about friends and foes."

Zuko: "We already know that Pale ones are the vampires."

Tami: "What was the other...um...Grey..."

Zuko: "Grey-eyed ones."

Zukile: "That is the witches. No offense to you Agnes."

Aunt Agnes: "None taken."

Zukile: "The last one was the Four-legged ones." He said frowning. "Wait...don't tell me..." He looked to his father who nodded.

Zuko: "Werewolves." Tami gasped.

Tami: "Now it makes sense. Friends and Foes."

Zukile: "So everyone is going to be after us, even our own kind." He growled. "Just great."

His whole body was vibrating with immense anger and it was rubbing off on me through our bond. I tried to transfer my good feelings to him as I brushed his chest in hopes that it will lessen his anger. It did sort of. He took my hand and kissed it as a thank you.

Zuko: "Son getting angry is not going to help you or your mate right now. I know because your mate is involved you can't help but get emotional but hold it in until we face off with everyone who thinks they can mess with us.