Chapter 52

Me: "What Gala?" I asked as we walked back to our place. When Tina had started to follow us home, I told her to go home and come back in the morning. She had bowed her head and had went on her way.

Zukile: "It's kind of like a New Year Gala where people dress up, eat, drink, have fun and mingle. And of course there's always politics involved."

Me: "Politics?"

Zukile: "Yeah. One thing you must know about my kind is that we are very competitive. So during this kind of event, Alphas of the different packs like to show off their abilities to see who is the strongest."

Me: "You also take part in these challenges?" He shook his head.

Zukile: "Don't have to."

Me: "Why?"

Zukile: "Because I know I'm the strongest."

Oh wow.

My mate's arrogance was off the charts. I laughed a little surprised.

Me: "Oh really now?" He shrugged.

Zukile: "It's the truth."

Me: "Do the others know of this fact?"

Zukile: "My pack obviously knows since I can't hide it from them but outsiders..." He shook his head. "I make sure to hide it well."

I frowned.

Me: "Why hide it?"

Zukile: "It would bring too much unnecessary trouble and I don't like wasting my time in unnecessary things." I chuckled nodding. "But from now on I don't think I'll be able to hide it any longer."

Me: "Why not?"

Zukile: "Because I have you now. I will need to show my power to protect you."

Oh.

Me: "So is that the reason why you postponed the Gala?"

Zukile: "No."

Me: "Then why?"

Zukile: "We need to go somewhere."

Me: "Who... You mean us?" He nodded. "Where?"

Zukile: "There's a witch I know who is out of town so I want us to go see her."

Me: "Because of the prophecy?" I guessed. He nodded.

Zukile: "Maybe she knows something and I'm also hoping that she can shed a light to these new abilities you keep on getting."

Me: "You trust her that much?"

Zukile: "Yeah. She's been our family's witch for thousands of years now."

Me: "Oh."

Zukile: "She's someone to trust my mate." He said giving my hand a squeeze.

Me: "Okay. I'll listen to you." He suddenly stopped and pulled me to him and kissed the hell out of me.

Zukile: "Your trust in me pleases me mate." He said roughly against my lips. They were tingling. I licked them and he growled. I squeezed my thighs together as I got wet down there. He snarled as his nostrils flared up. "I can smell your need mate." He accused harshly. God. My vagina pulsed as I got wetter. I couldn't help but to release a breathy moan. He growled deeply. "I was planning on us sleeping since you have school in a few hours but that's not fucking happening now. Not when my mate's pussy is calling out to me begging to be fucked and claimed." Lord. "Who do you belong to?" He abruptly demanded to know.

Me: "You."

Zukile: "And this pussy?" His hand went between my thighs. His touch was possessive and intrusive. Damn.

Me: "Y-Yours."

Zukile: "Yes. Mine. Every inch of you is mine."

Me: "Yes. Yours."

He growled and suddenly I was off my feet and over his shoulder in an instant.

Zukile: "Mine." He growled as his hand connected hard with my ass. Oh dear. Pleasure and excitement cursed through me.

He carried me home to our bed and showed me exactly who I belonged to until the morning sun shone through the curtains. I only had one hour to rest my eyes before having to get ready for school. Even though I was going to be feeling all achingly and exhausted at school, I didn't mind not in a single bit. Who would if their mate was a Sex God?