Chapter 58

They were hanging him and there was nothing I could do. My mate. My everything. It was all my fault. I shouldn't have been born. I wish I could go back to the beginning. I would do everything in my power to make sure we never get to meet. That we never mate. His eyes that were filled with intense and undying love for me, never left mine as the life began to seep out of him.

Me: "Noooooo!" I screamed as my heart and soul shattered into pieces. "I love you" He mouthed. "Noooo!" I screamed again as I struggled against the red eyed monsters that were holding me down but it was useless. I was powerless.

I felt somebody shaking me and calling my name. I woke up with a start. I was shaking like a leaf and my heart hurt like hell.

Zukile: "Precious one you scared the living hell out me. What were you dreaming about?" I looked at him.

Me: "I-I d-don't remember."

Zukile: "What the fuck?"

Me: "I-I d-don't remember. Oh my god Zuki I don't remember. Why don't I remember?"

Zukile: "Shhh it's okay baby. It's okay. I'm here...I'm here. Nothing is going to happen. You're safe." He cooed as he gathered me in his arms brushing my back.

Me: "Was I screaming?"

Zukile: "Yes."

Me: "Was it bad?"

Zukile: "Yes. Scared the shit out of me. Tried to rouse you out of it but you just wouldn't stop. You kept screaming and screaming." He said tightening his hold on me. His body was shaking a bit and his heart was beating fast. He really had been scared.

Me: "I'm sorry."

Zukile: "Don't apologize. It's not your fault." I breathed him in as I tried to settle down my heart. "Do you really not remember?" I tried to think but came out blank.

Me: "I really don't." He kissed the top of my head.

Zukile: "Maybe it's good that you don't remember. And anyway I'm sure it was just a nightmare. Not worth remembering." I nodded but deep in my heart I felt uneasy for some reason. I got the feeling that whatever I had dreamt about had been important.