Chapter 19

He was driving me to school. I couldn't stop thinking about the weird dream I had last night because of the way it felt so real. Usually when I dream, I never can recall all the details that happened after waking up but with this one, I can. The black wolf was the same one that I saw in the forest that day. The one that had healed my ankle. The one that had the same eyes as my boyfriend. I looked over to him. Could he...? I shook my head and laughed at my ridiculous thoughts. There was no way.
Zukile: "What's funny precious one?" I shook my head.
Me: "It's nothing." He looked at me with a small smile on his face like he was on some secret or something. "What?"
Zukile: "It's nothing." I was about to say something when my phone rang. My eyes widened and I held up my phone to Zukile for him to see. "Answer it precious one." Was he crazy? I shook my head. " Do you want me to answer it for you?" I quickly hid my phone inside my backpack before he could make a grab for it. He chuckled. My phone stopped ringing and I sighed in relief thinking it was over but then it rang again. I looked to Zukile in panic.
Me: "W-What do I do?"
Zukile: "Give me the phone baby." I shook my head. "Then turn it off." I released a sound that a mixture of a groan and a cry. Zukile parked the car on the side of the road. "Give me the phone." I shook my head. "Now precious one." The authority in his voice was not to be disobeyed. I took out my still ringing phone from my backpack and gave it to him with shaky hands.
Me: "P-Please d-don't." I begged him with tears in my eyes. He looked at me and the phone and then he sighed. He declined the call and put the phone in his pocket.
Zukile: "Come here." He pulled me into his arms. "Why're you crying baby?"
Me: "I-I'm s-scared."
Zukile: "Of your family? Precious one, they won't do anything to you. I'll tear them into shreds for even trying. So don't worry." I shook my head.
Me: "I-It's not that." I sniffed.
Zukile: "Then what?" He pulled back and looked at me.
Me: "The-They will break us apart." He smiled. He took off my glasses and wiped away my tears. "You're n-not worried?" He shook his head.
Zukile: "Nobody will break us up baby."
Me: "But-."
Zukile: "Listen." His eyes glowed. "No one who dare tries will see the light of day." I felt that threat vibrating in every inch of my body. "Do you hear me?"
Me: "Yes, I hear you." His intense glowing eyes stayed on mine and then he kissed me. When we came back for air, his eyes were back to normal. He put back my glasses on my face.
Zukile: "Sit back." I did as told and he drove off.