Chapter 35

Lunch was great. The guys were super nice and funny. They teased and jested each other like no tomorrow. At first I had been quiet and shy, not meeting their eyes but as time went on, I relaxed and got more comfortable. I liked how they were so nice and included me in their conversations like I was part of them. Well I guess being their Luna meant I was part of them. I have to say though that the level of respect I saw reflected in their eyes for me was shocking and touching since I don't know what I did to earn it but I was sure going to do my best to keep it. The whole time, Zukile had his hand holding the back of my neck as we ate and chatted. Yes, it was an Alpha thing. I'm sure now. I didn't mind it at all since as I said, it calmed something inside me. It was like his hand belonged there somehow. I liked how his thumb would do light circular motions on the mating mark. Every time he did that I felt like rubbing myself against him. And I did and it wasn't weird at all. And he seemed to like it.

I was at the library and Zukile was at the basketball practice. He had wanted me to go watch him practice but I couldn't. I had a lot of work to catch up on since I missed like a week long of school work and studying. So that's what I was doing when somebody kicked the desk I was sitting in hard. I looked up and there stood the palest person I've ever seen in my life who had the scariest and creepiest green eyes. They looked like the eyes of a snake. The hairs at the back of my neck stood up and my insides began to burn. Yep. Burn. Like there was something that wanted to come out badly from inside me and attack the man who was staring down at me like I repulsed him.

Him: "So it's you."

Me: "What?"

Him: "The human-dog mate." Oh my god! He knew that I was mated to Zukile so it means he wasn't human and judging from how he looked, I would guess he was a vampire. I swallowed and the burning inside me intensified.

Precious one, are you fine?

Um Zukile, I think I'm in danger. A vampire is here

He growled menacingly.

I'll be right there

I somewhat relaxed. Notice I said somewhat. I mean it was a vampire. A vampire! The vampire clicked his fingers in my face and I jumped in my seat a bit. Yikes.

Him: "Why are you spacing out while I'm talking to you human?"

Me: "Um...s-sorry."

Him: "Such rude and disgusting creatures. We should extinguish all of your existence." He muttered to himself. This wasn't a smart vampire. If they extinguished the human race then they wouldn't have any food supply to keep them alive. "Now my patience is running thin so listen. I want you to pass on a message to that dog of yours. Tell him to release Sophia or else there will be hell to pay." Sophia? This person had the same name as my sister. What were the odds? "And when I say hell to pay, I mean it." He grabbed arm, maybe to deliver a world of pain and torture, but something epic happened. The second he grabbed it, he cried out in pain and dropped my arm like it had burned him. He held onto his hand looking at me angry, confused and scared. Super scared. "You human bitch!" He sputtered. "What did you just do to me?" But before I could respond, he was gone like lightning. Vampire speed. Confused, I look down at my arm, where he had grabbed me, and there it was, a red welt. It was angry looking. I touched it thinking it would be painful as hell but it wasn't. Just tingling. What the heck just happened?