MIT Ring

I reach into the bag and pull out an MIT ring. The only ones who went to MIT were Rhodey and Tony. 

"Rhodes you're up," Tony says with devil smirk. Rhodey's eyes widen. 

"You comin'," I asked stepping into the closet. I stand in the closet for a little while before Rhodey finally trudges in. The door is slammed harshly behind him.

"Sorry you're stuck in here with me, I can tell you definitely don't wanna be in here," I say with a sad undertone. He put up a huge fight with Tony about not coming in here. 

"Y/n, it's not that I didn't wanna be in here with you, it's just," Rhodey cuts himself off. 

"What?" I ask curiously, while I lean my back against the closet wall.

"It's just, Tony's making us play this stupid game, all because, in his words, I need to GrOw Up and AsK hEr OuT," Rhodey mocked. 

"Ooh, Rhodes gotta crush, who are they?" I ask hoping that he was talking about me. He looks at me nervously. I look at him curiously. He shifts nervously around. I bounce up from the wall.

"Who are they, Rhodes?" I repeat standing face to face with him. He avoids my eyes when it clicks. 

"Oh shit, I'm so stupid, you were talking about me weren't you?" I ask with a laugh. 

"Yeah," He answers nervously laughing. 

"I guess imma little slow," I say laughing again. We both laugh for a little while. My heart swells and throbs at his laughter. 

"Would you like to go out with me ?" He asks after the laughter stopped.

"I'd love to, Rhodey," I say flashing a joyous smile. He almost jumps with joy, and he hugs me excitedly. I blush and laugh as he pulls back. 

"Sorry," He says as soon as he realized what he did. 

"I don't mind, I thought it was very cute," I answer honestly, 

"Oh, here's your ring back," I say handing him his MIT ring back. He takes it, and fiddles with it for a minute. 

"Could you wear it? You know so I don't lose it?" He says flirtatiously. I laugh and blush.

"Real smooth James, real smooth," I say before taking the ring from him and putting it on my index finger. He leans in and kisses me on the cheek. The door flies open and we're both blinded by a bright light. We look towards the doorway, and we see Tony standing there looking smug. 

"You were watching weren't you?" I ask.

Tony points to the ceiling where a small camera was in the corner. 

"Dude," Rhodey exclaims. Tony just did his signature pose and smirked. We rolled our eyes and walked out of the closet. Everyone else was sitting in their seats laughing at us. I grabbed the bag and held it out for Tony to pick. He pulled out a mini American flag.

I immediately start laughing. 

"America's Ass, you and the billionaire playboy in the closet," I say mocking Tony's smug smirk from before. 

"You know what let's just end the game," Tony suggested. 

"Nope," I say, summoning a fireball. "Now in the closet or I'll burn you," Tony throws his hands up in defeat and walks into the closet.

"Good luck Captain," I say as Steve follows behind him. I close and lock the door then turn to the others. 

"Who's ready to end the game?" I ask. Everyone raises their hands. 

"Game over, we'll leave them in there though," I say. We all laugh before going back to our activities. 

"Rhodes, wanna go get a drink?" I ask. 

"How could I ever deny an offer like that?" He jokes. I grab my keys and we set out for the garage.

"Guys?! It's been way more than 7 minutes?!" Tony and Steve yelled from the closet.

Edited 2/16/23