One of Us is Lying

I reached my hand into the bag, feeling around until I felt what felt like laminated paper. I wrapped my hand around the whole thing, pulling out a large book titled "One of Us Is Lying" by Karen M. McManus.

"Um, who is this?" I asked turning towards the billionaire with much confusion.

"Oh, I forgot about her, that's Peter's friend MJ," Tony responded. My ears started burning as I held back a smile.

"Can I have my book back now?" MJ asked sounding bored. I frowned, handing her the book as we walked into the closet. Tony locked the door behind us, leaving us in the dark. I stand there awkwardly, hands behind my back so that I didn't accidentally touch her in any type of way. I couldn't really see her, so I just swayed nervously.

"Y/n, are you gonna say what's on your mind or are you going to sit in awkward silence for seven minutes?" MJ asked voice coming from somewhere in front of her.

"I don't have anything on my mind, nothing nada, zilch, not one thing," I answered too quickly, cringing slightly after I finished talking. I wanted to slap myself.

"Y/n, c'mon Peter told me what you said," MJ spoke up. My eyes widen in shock and betrayal.

"What? That son of a bitch, I told him not to tell you, how the fuck could he do this to me, I trusted him with one of the most important secrets I have and of course, he goes behind my back and tells you that I'm in love with you, I should have never said anything," I started ranting.

"What?" She says sounding surprised. I furrow my eyebrows.

"What?" I respond.

"You're in love with... Me?" MJ says emphasizing me. My eyes widen.

"What did Peter tell you?" I ask feeling like I fucked up.

"He told me that you have been reading the books I referred to you, wait hold on you told Peter that you were in love with me and he didn't say anything to me," MJ responded.

"Fuck," I said slapping myself in the face. She didn't say anything, staying quiet which made my thoughts race.

"Um, I get it if you don't feel the same or whatever, I swear I won't come on to you or anything," I told her quickly rambling. MJ stepped closer to me.

"Y/n, I didn't say anything about not feeling the same for you," MJ responded, voice quivering slightly.

"Do you though?" I ask her she grabs me by the side of my face, pulling our faces closer and capturing my lips with hers. My heart flutters as we kiss. My hands go to the sides of her face, as we kiss sensually. We both pull away with small smiles.

"Does that answer your question?" MJ asks me playfully.

"I don't know you might need to answer it again, just to be sure," I respond smiling at her. She laughs as she leans in again. Placing her lips on mine again gently, before pulling away after a few long seconds.

"Go out with me tonight?" I ask her hopefully. She laughed.

"Of course you dork," MJ told me rolling her eyes fondly. I laughed.

"Are we going to tell Peter?" I ask her knowing that Peter would want to know. 

"We could or we could see how long it takes him to catch on," MJ suggested with a trouble smirk.

"God, you are beautiful," I responded. MJ blushed slightly.

"And therefore I have value?" MJ responded not knowing what to say.

"No, I mean yes, I mean," I try to come up with the correct answer. She laughed.

"I'm playing, Hun," She told me. I blushed at the nickname.

"Hun?" I asked her.

"Just trying things out," She responded.

"TIMES UP!" Tony yelled as he opened the door, I grabbed the book out of MJ's hand and hit Tony on top of the head with the book.

"Hey, what did my book do to you?" MJ said grabbing for her book.

"What did I do?" Tony responded. MJ and I walk over to where she was sitting and whisper to each other as the next person walks up to the bag of doom. Peter and I make eye contact and he wiggles his eyebrows at me.