Closure

"Nice!" Olvir shouts as I land a spinning hook kick in training.

My opponent, a soldier native to Lux Cantavit, quickly springs to his feet following the mindboggling impact. After bowing to me to acknowledge his loss, we clutch each other's wrists as Olvir approaches.

"Well done. The fight seemed strenuous." He remarks, noting my winded state.

"Haven't been sleeping well." I respond as I take the canteen of water he holds out to me.

"You're kicking ass regardless!" Jackie calls from a couple mats over.

"I agree." Rune states, training across Eerika, of course. "Good form."

"Hey," Eerika snaps, unimpressed.

Rune grins before turning his focus back to the others. John, Alice, Ukaleq, Brian, they're all laughing as Carter sends a warm grin my way.

"Suppose that's one thing you should expect as a Queen." Olvir begins, drawing my attention back to him. "An audience."

I smirk. "Good thing I don't mind."

This morning, about eight weeks into my pregnancy, was particularly rough as morning sickness interrupted my sleep in brutal fashion. As always, Eadric has been diligently tending to me, at my side both morning and night but now also midday as he checks on me whenever he can. Apache has been confused by Eadric's behavior, as have Einar and Olvir granted none of them know about my pregnancy. But the chance of a miscarriage is most likely to occur within the first twelve weeks of pregnancy and I do not want to risk informing anyone should I lose the baby, or... the babies, I mean.

My god, this pressure was not something I accounted for.

Or the hormones.

With raised hormones comes the cramping, morning sickness, nausea, insomnia, and the peeing. The goddamn peeing.

After every sparring match, not unlike this one, the physical strain makes this last symptom very apparent.

Luckily, conversation is distracting enough as Olvir sets a hand over the back of my neck. "Should we go for a match ourselves? Trying to keep up with me should offer a more rewarding challenge, surely."

My grin is unmistakable as I hand him back the canteen. "Unfortunately, I don't think that'd make me feel any better. Honestly, I should probably head over to Einar to begin my weapons training for the day."

"If you're sure." Olvir comments as I walk off. He studies me for a moment before venturing, "Are you alright, My Lady?"

"Of course, I'm all good!" I call back. At least I will be after I relieve myself.

As though sensing my discomfort, Olvir rushes up to me and adopts a light grip over my elbow. "How about you take a minute to sort your thoughts, go for a walk, perhaps, and then we will spar."

Olvir is testing me. Should I say no, it is evident he will continue to pry. It is for that reason I tell him, "Okay, I just need a minute."

"Of course. See you in a bit."

Olvir is already taped up when he tosses me the bundle to wrap my hands. "Still hand to hand then?" I venture.

"Of course." He confirms. "My sister is already aware you'll be late for weapons training. Though, I'm sure she's not very happy about that."

"Then let's get this show on the road." I insist, tearing off the end of the tape before tossing the bundle back to him.

Olvir smirks. "Let's do it."