Observation

Shame, self loathing, and humiliation are all I feel as Eadric looks to me with an expression that is scarily unreadable yet unforgiving, and I am suddenly hyper aware of my current, filthy state. My legs are covered in cuts and bruises along my knees, barely concealed by several thin wrappings covering the tears in fabric over my pants. The bruises over my neck and chin from having been nearly drowned to death a couple nights before are still prevalent as well, and my clothing, discrete, colored to keep me hidden, to keep me out of sight, of course managed to do virtually nothing to protect me as I was once again thrown into the center of everything. But the worst part are my eyes, knowing Eadric is looking so intently into them now. They are now dulled, framed in seemingly permanent under eye circles casting a shadow over them only to lead to redness along the perimeter of that and along my lash lines from continuously scrubbing them upon rising in such an abrupt manner every night. They are a clear giveaway as to what I have chosen to put myself through, and as soon as all these people behind me can see firsthand what a disaster I have become, they will talk for days on it, and that pisses me off. Like a conceited brat, I look down with a rough grunt, my teeth gritted over the soaked fabric in my mouth. Of course I would be put in this position, of course Eadric somehow would have found a way to indirectly call me on my shit for leaving him the way I did by giving me a time limit as to when I was to return.

But who knows? Maybe I am here right now because he is planning on executing me right before everyone's eyes this second, or maybe just to officially break the treaty between the Grounders and Sky People before killing us all. The best part? I am not even sure I care anymore whether or not I survive, and my job to the others, it is done.

It seems like a millennium before Eadric finally speaks, and when he does, his voice sends a wave of uncharted emotions through me. "She's injured." Is all he remarks, an observation. I keep my head down.

"She didn't come easy." The Lux Cantavit man retorts sharply. I just roll my eyes as he sends a pointed glare my way.

"I suppose not." Eadric comments distractedly as he suddenly looks away to the women now just beside him. I take this moment of his temporary distraction to look back up again, and damn my curiosity because I honestly should not have needed to even look up to know who is by his side.

Eerika. I see her hair is even longer than it had been prior to me leaving, but it is now styled in a much more warrior-like manner than it had been before with all the strands pulled to the side so they fall over her shoulder. The top sections are incorporated elegantly into a french braid that trails to the side of her hair so the tail braid joins the rest of the wavy strands below it, and the remaining portion of her hair along the shallow side has been pulled tightly back into three horizontal sections containing intricate braids there as well before joining the other sections too. Coal black powder intensely frames her eyes, and I cannot help but note that she really does look like a princess and a warrior. She has grown so much. But now, she looks to me with utter disgust, repulsion, hatred burning through her veins at the mere sight of me as her brother right beside her still refuses to give away anything regarding his current emotional state.

"Regardless, Praece, I got your Queen here. So how about you do good on that deal of ours and order the execution of that retched witch who stole my father's throne so we can get on with our lives?"

Eadric wordlessly lifts his eyes up to him. "I am told that upon taking heir of the throne, Vlasta is currently marching Lux Cantavit troops well passed your borders."

"That is not of my doing, nor is it of my concern. At least until you honor our deal."

"Prince Donse, I am not at the liberty of honoring our deal until your people honor my Coalition." Eadric reveals sharply, and the man beside me, Dosne apparently, bristles. "Custodes, tollet eum cellulis. Et erit, in sequentibus."