Love

Eadric's ragged breathing pattern is what wakes me in the middle of the night, the violent tremors wracking his body encouraging me to go to him.

"Eadric," I grunt, my entire body turned to face him as I set my hands over his upper arms to steady him, "Eadric, wake up."

My prodding seems to have little effect fighting against whatever vision the flame is occupying his senses with now. But I refuse to leave him in such a state, his body sheen with cold sweat and shaking violently against the overwhelming reality of it all as I rise from the large, plush bed to make my way over to his side he decided to occupy tonight.

"Eadric," I insist, grabbing his shoulders. "Eadric-!"

I automatically retreat as he bolts upright in a panic, his eyes darting open and flitting around the room until they eventually locate my own. "Aurora," he begins, tentative, embarrassed.

I say nothing, but simply step forward to pull him into my chest.

Eadric manages to relax some as he smooths his clammy hands over my back, the rough surface of his palms seeking purchase against the flesh exposed under my muscle tee. They are still trembling some regardless of the fact that he is now awake. He releases a shaky exhale as he presses his cheek into my sternum where his damp hair tickles my collarbone. Still standing, I come to rest my head atop his.

"I'm fine." He assures me after some time, his ridiculously rushed heartbeat contradicting such a statement.

"I know." I tell him regardless. "I just don't appreciate the Flame having such a physical impact on you when you're supposed to be resting."

"The previous leaders have been sending me many visions as of late."

"Leaders, or leader?" I press, clearly referring to Nova.

"Doesn't matter." He sighs, tensing as I weave a hand through his hair. "I don't want to talk about it."

"So we won't." I promise him. I brush back the bundle of waves casting an angry shadow of his forehead to press a kiss into his hairline.

Eadric's arms tighten around my body at the contact. He sighs a moment later, allowing his entire body to untense and eyes to close as he mutters, "I'm sorry I woke you again. I really am trying to gain control over them-"

"It's okay." I assure him, tucking the damp strands of hair off of his forehead. "You don't have to explain."

"I should."

"You shouldn't."

Eadric considers this for a moment before finally pulling back to look up to me, his hands now braced over my hips. "Then come here."

I barely have time to register my body being pulled taut against his before Eadric has surged up to press his lips against my own. Unlike prior when my movements seemed to be languid due to how tipsy I had been, Eadric and I both seem on high alert as he lifts me back onto the bed, my bent legs encased between his own as he rises to his knees to get a batter angle on things. Soon enough a hand of his once wrapped around my waist is traveling up the length of my back to get a grip over the hair at the nape of my neck. One sharp tug later and my neck is completely exposed to him.

I just manage to get some semblance of control back by bracing my hands along Eadric's shoulders as he languidly trails his lips over my neck. But my mind cannot help but lose itself in the sensation as he begins sucking over my pulse point.

I bristle as a thought enters my mind. "If you leave a mark-"

"I'm going to leave a mark."

My protests get drowned out by the sharp breath I release as Eadric's insistence intensifies over the spot, my entire body slumping against the force he uses as he cards his arm tighter around my waist and hand deeper into my hair. My mind is still in some sort of daze as his lips trail across my throat the other side of my neck. His teeth scrape the back of my ear, causing a shiver to course through my spine by the time he has taken my earlobe between his teeth.