Sabatoge

"Aurora! Over here!" Eerika hisses as soon as I near the gate. Apache is by her side, his troops nowhere to be found as Eerika's troops look over us, their expressions hard. "My men are prepared to defend you with their lives if you are to run into trouble out there. Lakote here is also prepared to assist you in any way as well. He should be able to help you communicate with any of the men not yet fluent of your native tongue."

As if on cue, Lakote faces Eerika and I, pausing midway from shoving a knife into his shirt sleeve as he nods to me. I return it reluctantly.

"You're okay? With him accompanying us, I mean." I question as I look to Eerika, more than merely aware at how close those two have gotten lately.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She answers bluntly, clearly confused behind the reasoning of my questioning her. "It is his duty to our Commander."

I nod more surely this time. Apparently obligations must win out in this society, at least over relations.

"Ah, and here is your friend."

She motions forward to where I look to see Jackie with a black backpack on making her way over to us. Her gate is careful, cautious, and that is when I comprehend the fact that even not yet assembled, she must have the liquid hydrazine in her backpack now as we speak.

"Sorry I'm late. Can't be too careful with liquid hydrazine and all." Jackie notes as soon as she has reached me.

I nod to her once she hands me another black backpack, pulling it on as she explains. "That one has the gunpowder in it. Figured even in this proximity, it might be best to keep those two apart until the time comes."

"Got it."

Jackie nods, but I cannot help but notice her gaze is directed elsewhere as she does so. After a moment of comprehension, I look to see Eerika's troops watching us curiously. Clearly they are unaware or not quite understanding what it is exactly that we are talking about here. But my assumption is due to that bomb Jackie had placed on the bridge those months ago, killing many of Nocte Cantavit soldiers, it might just be best to not say anything for now. God... I still cannot believe we are actually surrounded by them now.

"For obvious reasons, I will not be accompanying you two on your journey. Eadric needs me here as his second to oversee war plans and train our soldiers. Lakote plans to lead his unit to explore the perimeter of the Mountain while you are out there as well so you may have to fend for yourselves for a while."

"We've done so before. Nothing's changed." I note as I look to Jackie. She returns my nod feverently before looking back to Eerika. I then do the same.

"The tower you search for is most likely at least a day's travel from here. I recommend you pack tents but I suspect in looking at the size of your packs you have already done so?"

I look to Jackie. She nods again.

"Also, in the case you run into Reavers, you get the hell out of there. My men know what they do to their victims so I'm going to trust you two know the same."

"You've told us enough times in training." Jackie answers exasperatedly, and luckily Eerika just scoffs at that.

"I won't apologize for making my troops aware of the constantly looming threat those Reapers face us with. The unfortunate reality is that those monsters were family members, brothers, to those I train now. I won't undermine the fact that they are now nothing more than-"

"Psychopathic cannibalistic killers. We know." I answer darkly. Eerika nods solemnly at that.

"Alright. Then I suppose there is nothing more for me to do here than wish you well on your travels."