- Thirtytwo -

A few days pass and even though the situation calmed down a bit Louis woke up with a rather sick feeling to his stomach.

Last night the poor boy realised he's running out of clothes and of course he can wash them but he can't run around in the same three outfits, this means he has to go home and pack the rest of his stuff.

He was hoping he could have some more time before he has to face his mum again. He was hoping for more time so she could forgive him. But unfortunately god is not on his side and he's running out of time.. well and clothes.

"It'll be quick Lou, I promise." Harry squeezes his thigh reassuringly as they sit in the car in front of his mother's house. "Maybe she's not even home baby, let's not worry too much." He continues as Louis doesn't react, just looking out of the car's window, staring at the house that used to be his home.

He's been feeling rather down lately, it's like the happiness got drained out of him and Harry is not quite sure how to help him. He wants to see the boy happy again.

The past few days he's been acting perfectly fine, him and Harry had a lot of time to bond and calm their nerves but right now Louis feels like everything that he tried to block out comes crashing down on him.

Without uttering a word Louis gets out of the car shutting the door behind himself. He doesn't know what to say, he knows Harry just wants to calm him down but he's honestly not in the mood.

As they walk up to the front door Harry puts his hand on Louis' lower back with a soft sigh. "I know you're nervous, but everyth-"

"Yes I know, everything will be fine, everything will be alright, as always." Louis interrupts him, clearly annoyed. He really didn't mean to snap but Harry keeps saying that all the time and Louis feels like nothing is alright at all.

"I'm sorry Lou.." Harry says rather quietly before Louis finally builds up the courage to walk though the front door, Harry waits outside for a moment before he follows him inside.

The house is quiet and it seems like Jay is not at home, so him and Louis have time to pack his things and some of Harry's leftover stuff as well.

Harry packs the things from his office, before he packs the rest of his clothes, while Louis takes care of his own bedroom.

After a while he walks into Louis' bedroom to announce that he's done and ask if he needs help, he frowns as he sees him sit on the bed, some of his clothes in the boxes while some of them are scattered on the floor.

Louis looks up from his hands in his lap, looking up at Harry sadly. He knows he's been a bitch today, but he's not feeling well at all.

"This used to be my home." He whispers throwing a shirt in one of the boxes, his voice is shaky as he tries to hold back more tears. He's been so good in hiding his sadness the past few days he hates that he feels like he's about to lose control over his feelings.

Harry kneels down in front of him, taking his hands in his squeezing them. He can't be mad at Louis for snapping at him, he's sad and upset and he understands. "Look baby, I know it hurts and we both know it will hurt for a while, but we have to look forward and just hope we can ask for forgiveness at some point."

He tries to say something to calm Louis down and not frustrate and annoy him even more like earlier. "Don't forget, the future is ours." He whispers and Louis nods, biting his lips harshly to not break down again.

"Let's just get this over with.." He says giving Harry's hands a small squeeze before he gets up to finish packing.

With Harry's help they're done pretty quickly and after grabbing the last boxes Louis can't help but stand in the doorframe and stare at his empty closet and almost empty room.

He's definitely going to miss it but Harry is once again right, the future is theirs and as much as this used to be his home, now Harry is his home.

"Ready to go home?" Harry whispers from behind, trying not to disturb or scare the younger boy, who proceeds to nod before he turns around, taking Harry's hand in his before they leave together.

After arriving at home and unpacking, Louis immediately sits down on the couch snuggling up in one of the blankets before he turns the Tv on.

Harry senses that his mood is still not much better so he decides to give him some time to himself. "I'll be in my office doing some work baby, if you need anything you know where to find me."

He kisses the top of the smaller boys head who hums, acknowledging him. "That's fine." He looks up at him with a small smile before he purses his lips for a kiss, which Harry gratefully gives him.

"Do you have some school work to do? You'll have some time for yourself so maybe you can do it." Harry suggests, gently running his hand through Louis' hair as he still stands behind the couch.

Louis shakes his head sighing softly, he continues to look at the TV. "I called in sick for the entire week, so no school work." He replies and Harry would love to tell him that he can't just skip school, he understands that Louis is sad but his education is important.

He still decides not to say anything, to not upset him any further, he'll talk to him about it some other time. "Alright, that's fine princess." He leans down once again to place another kiss on top of Louis' head before he heads into his office, he really needs to get some work done.

Louis lays down on the couch hiding in the blanket as he watches a random show, he's not even interested in it at all, he just really needs some distraction.

He feels like he's mentally slipping into a hole, he's afraid to lose himself in it and his mum is not there to help him or to cheer him up.

He feels bad for snapping at Harry, honestly he feels terrible. He would totally understand if he'd be mad at him as well, he knows he just wants to be there for him and make sure he's alright.

Louis would have loved to ask Harry if he wants to cuddle on the couch instead of doing his stupid work, but it seems like Harry thinks that Louis needs some space after being so annoyed all day and he's sure he has to get some work done as well.

Once again Louis feels alone and it's his own fault, it's on his behaviour and the fact that he just doesn't want to bother Harry.

---------
Hey babes!
I got covid 😷
But it's alright I'm not feeling too bad, this means I can't participate in my exam which sucks BUT it means I have plenty time to write 🙏🏼

See you in the next chapter ❤️