𝟎𝟏

♕

TEN YEARS HAD PASSED. you walked alongside a grown up nate to the bar, naughty dog, where you both worked.

yes, you were also a bartender. it didn't bother nate though. he grew accustomed to your presence. you stuck to him like glue ever since sam left. you intended to follow his words until the day you die.

nate pulled the handle of the door for employees only, letting you enter first. you were met with colorful flashing lights, booming music and the smell of alcohol in the air.

an old man came out of no where and started mocking nate, "if it isn't the late great formerly employed nate."

"wanna say that again?" you slammed your locker door loudly, making the old man recoil.

"at least he's got the great part right."

"how cocky you've become."

"you still love me."

"just get your ass to work."

after a quick-change into your uniforms, you separated ways and went to your designated spots.

"welcome to naughty dog! what can i get for you, sir?" you greeted in a typical cheery customer service voice as your first customer or rather your first victim of the day sat down in front of you.

"double whiskey on the rocks."

"double whiskey on the rocks coming right up!"

you worked your magic. you flipped, shook, mixed and tossed the drink around.

"the negroni, first made in 1919 for count camillo negroni when he swapped the soda water in his usual drink, the americano, for gin." you heard nate's voice. he was giving history lessons to a blonde woman as he was making her drink, using his charms to get what he wanted from her.

you shook your head, a lopsided smile on your face.

you served the man's drink in a fancy looking glass with a tissue underneath. the man was thoroughly impressed with your skills and performance that he ended up ordering more drinks from you until closing hours. you didn't give history lessons though unlike nate. you preferred not to interact with your customers that much, only keeping it professional.

he set cash down on the counter. "i'll make sure to come back for a different show, pretty lady." he winked, which made you nearly lose composure.

he didn't have anything valuable on him that you could steal. he paid for the drinks, but didn't even give a tip. it was honestly disappointing.

nate was outside his spot, cleaning the tables.

"what did you get?" you threw an arm around him.

he leaned towards your ear. you waited in anticipation for his answer. "i've surpassed you."

"surpassed me?" you scoffed.

"what did you get?"

you opened your mouth only to close it.

"i knew it." nate chuckled. "i've stolen more than you did in a week. i've kept count."

"even if you did, all the credit goes to the person who taught you how to do this like a pro."

"i didn't learn anything from you." he joked.

you were about to make another comeback until a customer in a formal suit, who was still in the bar, spoke up. "that trust fund ingénue?"

"uh, what?"

"she was the right mark."

"don't know what you're talking about." nate continued to clean, ignoring the man.

"sure you do. you're going slow, playing it safe, not lifting too much at once. i mean stop me if i'm wrong–"

"well, you're wrong and we're also closed, so take off."

you went in front of nate to shield him. "do we know you?" you asked harshly.

"victor sullivan. you can call me sully."

"thank you. we won't, but thank you."

"i got a job coming up — a big one — i need another set of hands on it."

"we're not interested in being your accomplices." you folded your arms. "recruit someone else to help you with whatever this big job is."

"i'm offering you a real ticket out of here. a chance to see places you only read about in books. what do you say?" victor sullivan tried to convince.

"you missed the read, victor. we're not a mark in some bar. some of us here would really like to go home, so get out." nate commanded, pointing towards the exit.

"fair enough." victor sullivan got up from his seat. your eyes followed him as he left the bar.

"hey, goldie, let me get a beer." nate asked one of your co-workers.

you had a bad feeling about victor sullivan.

"nate, about the... you know?"

he checked his pockets. instead of what he stole, he had a card in hand.

he showed you the details. the card read 'victor sullivan private acquisitions' in the front, a cellphone number, email address and address at the bottom and 'thou shalt not steal!' at the back.

"son of a bitch." nate cursed. "he's got the bracelet."

"bracelet? what bracelet?"

"the diamond bracelet i stole from the blonde girl."

"what?! why didn't you tell me it was a diamond bracelet?!" you scolded then you pointed at the address at the bottom. "we have to get it back."

"alright, alright, sorry. let me finish my beer first."

"idiot." you muttered.

a/n:

naughty dog is the company that
created uncharted if you didn't know :>