𝟏𝟏

♕

NATE NOTICED YOUR SHIVERING FORM, which he could tell you were trying hide, so he brought the torch he lit with sam's lighter that surprisingly worked this time to you.

"stay by the fire. it'll help make you feel warm."

you indeed felt warm, not only because of the fire, but because of him.

"pftt, nah, i'm–"

"don't be stubborn." he said sternly.

"you're one to talk." you rolled your eyes. nonetheless, you were grateful and leaned close to the torch. "what about you? you good?"

"'course i am. why wouldn't i be?"

you squished his cheeks. "are you sure?"

"i'm good! i'm good!" nate yelped in pain, laughing afterwards, swatting your hands away.

"i see a light. is that you?" sully asked.

that cockblocker again.

"yeah, that's us. we're in some sort of roman antechamber... woah." he spotted another door, a door made of stone with circular patterns and bricks all around to be exact. "you got that key?"

he didn't even need to ask as chloe already had her arm outstretched with the key in hand.

"thank you."

he inserted the key in the keyhole, turning it, but there was no reaction whatsoever.

"another puzzle?" you furrowed your brows.

"it doesn't fit." nate said.

"sully!" chloe shouted, walking to where he was on top. "sully, we're missing something. see if you can find anything up there."

"i can't get this grate up."

"forget the grate and look."

he moved away from the grate. "i think it's the two keys put together." sully's voice was faint.

"what?"

"i said i think it's the two keys put together." he repeated loudly, coming back into view.

"throw your key down!"

"hey! you three think you're gonna double-cross me?" sully opposed.

"you want the stupid key or you want the gold? c'mon, this is it. throw it down." nate demanded.