𝟎𝟖

♕

EARLY MORNING, it was time for you to poke around the church. you were one step close to getting to the treasure, but a few obstacles were in the way: moncada, braddock and the nun currently walking past the four of you with suspicion.

"nuns. why's it always gotta be nuns?"

the nun gave nate flashbacks of what he went through with the nuns in the orphanage, mainly sister bernadette. she was the scariest among all.

"let's just split up and figure out where the keys go, huh?" sully suggested.

you followed sully to where he went, your mind still on his and chloe's conversation last night. you didn't realize you were staring at him until he snapped his fingers in your face.

"hey, kid. you alright? you're zoning out."

"i'm fine." i'm not fine. i've been up all night. what the hell were you talking about?

"hey, sully." nate called. he was next to a rack of postcards, holding a zip lock bag of sam's postcards.

"what?" sully asked.

"nothing." he let the old man resume his search.

as badly as you wanted to know about sam, you had to focus on the treasure, so you checked the floors to see if there was anything you could find. there seemed to be something under a bench, so you moved it, and there inlaid a symbol.

"you found something? hey, guys!" sully called the others to gather around.

"j-s-e. juan sebastián elcano."

"the eighteen were here, alright."

"look, if that's the cathedral..." nate traced the symbol going downwards then upwards. "then these must be the stairs and they lead... that way."

the clue led you to a prayer room with a mini altar and a bunch of candles illuminating the room.

"thoughts, altar boy?" chloe asked.

nate flashed the flashlight at the top of the entrance. "'caelum' that's latin for 'heaven' it says in the journal 'trust in your fellow man for one shall go to heaven and the other hell' so if heaven's up there then hell has to be around here somewhere."

you searched for clues once again.

"hey, i got a skeleton with angel wings. that's kinda between heaven and hell, right?" nate pushed a button and something in the room moved.