𝟏𝟒

♕

IT WASN'T A SMOOTH AND EASY FALL. you struggled to put on the parachute and it took a while for you to properly wear it as you were literally falling a thousand feet into the ocean.

you craned your neck for a split second to check on what was happening above, only to see nate and chloe coming down your way. you steered yourself to the other way, so you could avoid getting hit.

nearing the water, you braced yourself.

falling from a thousand feet into the ocean tended to give concussions or other injuries. you were hoping your wound didn't reopen.

"hold on!" you heard nate yelling out to chloe before feeling a strong crash.

you swam up to the surface and towards nate. he didn't know what he expected, but he certainly didn't expect you to flick his forehead.

"ow, what–" he rubbed the spot you flicked.

"what the hell were you thinking, huh?"

he realized what he had done and felt guilty.

"(name), i–"

"hey, guys!"

you turned to see chloe sitting on top of a crate that didn't sink unlike the rest. you and nate swam towards the crate, sitting next to her.

"i'm not gonna apologize if that's what you're waiting for." chloe said shamelessly.

"wasn't even going to forgive you for shooting me and knocking nate out." you stated.

"and knocking me out of a plane with a car." nate added to your statement. "and braddock? really?"

"you really think there's a difference between you and them? you, pickpocket girl and sully were just as eager to screw me over as they were." chloe retorted.

"we're not sully, okay?" you snapped. "and i have a goddamn name. though, i'd prefer you call me by my last name."

"hallelujah!" she exclaimed sarcastically, flailing her arms. "one's bad enough!"

"can you just shut up?"

just when you told her to be quiet, she started patting your backs to get your attention. "hey, guys! do you see what i'm seeing?"

"well, if what you're seeing is endless open ocean, then yeah..." when nate turned around, he couldn't believe his eyes. "holy shit."

turning around, there was an island nearby. the whole island was a traditional filipino resort. if you remembered correctly, the structures around the island were called bahay kubos which were houses made of wood and hay, but modernized in a way.

you decided to swim over there instead of waiting on the crate for long to get there.

"woah, what the hell happened to you three?" a resort guest lounging on a long bench asked, the only person out of everyone else noticing you three coming from the ocean all wet and shitty.

"fell out of a car that fell out of a plane." nate halted to answer the guest.

"huh... hey, you know, something like that happened to me once."

something like that happened to a regular person like him? who is this man?

"ah, okay."

you, nate and chloe stared at him as if he was on crack. you walked past him towards the register, so you could get a room to spend the night.

"goodluck!" you heard him say behind you.

you were going to ask how you were going to pay, but nate got it covered. he pulled out sully's credit card which he miraculously had in his pocket.

"two separate rooms please. one for me and my, uh, husband and one for our... friend." you lied. you didn't want to share a room with chloe. you still held a grudge against her.

husband? nate thought. he knew you were just pretending to avoid suspicion, but that didn't stop butterflies from swarming in his stomach. mrs. (name) drake? that fits alarmingly well...

"here's your card, mr. sullivan." the man behind the register handed back sully's credit card to nate.

"please call me victor." nate mocked sully.

"or sully, for short." you joined in his mockery, deepening your voice.

chloe stared at you both the same way she stared at the guest who claimed to have fallen out of a plane.

"c'mon, we spent hours in a trunk with him." he said as he slipped the credit card back in his pocket. "couldn't help it."

"let me show you to your rooms." the man behind the register gestured you to follow him.

a/n:

i didn't know the person who played nathan drake aka nolan north had a cameo in the movie bcuz i thought he looked exactly like nate in the game 💀💀 and filipino representation ayee it's too bad they used fictional names for the places

edit: i felt second-hand embarrassment when i found out there's actually places called kiamba and cala de oro gimme a break there's too many islands here.