𝟏𝟕

♕

SUNLIGHT STREAMED INTO THE ROOM through the shutters. opening your eyes, you expected to be blinded by the brightness of the sun, but nate's body blocked your face.

he was facing you, snoring softly, cradling you tightly. his chin was resting on the top of your head which was resting on his chest and he was subconsciously smiling in his sleep.

sleeping next to each other on a king sized bed in a resort, not the bunk bed in your apartment, was pure bliss. you were together at last.

but as much as you wanted to sleep some more in his arms, you had to get up and find the treasure.

he stirred, tightening his arms around you even more as if his secret super senses had told him you were thinking of escaping.

"nate, get up." you huffed, hitting his arms.

he didn't get up.

"i'll kiss you–"

"i'm up." he jolted awake. he adjusted himself to your face level and tried to close the distance, but you pushed his face away.

"morning breath."

"you said you'll kiss me."

"you didn't let me finish. i'll kiss you... after we find the treasure." you copied his signature smug grin. "so, get up right now and let's go."

he grumbled. he sat up, fixing his bed hair.

"did chloe fall for the trick?"

"hold on." you moved the covers off of you and threw your legs over the edge of the bed. you stood from the bed, stretching your arms and allowing your joints to pop and crack before making your way towards the coffee table.

you didn't see the fake coordinates on the table, instead you saw a note that replaced it with a message for you and nate. she seemed to have stolen the map and the keys as well. you picked the note up and read it out loud for nate to hear. "'i'm sorry, guys. i like you, i really do'... okay, big lie... 'but i learned the hard way the minute you start to trust someone, you lose'... what a drama queen."

"too bad she's heading in the wrong direction."

his comment made you lose it.

"she fell for it." you said through laughter. "this is comedy gold right here."

"she might hunt us down." he chuckled, standing up from the bed and stretching.

"i wanna see the look on her face, but i don't wanna see her again. damn." you shook your head in disappointment.

"you really hate her, don't you?"

"with all my heart."

after that conversation, you cleaned up in the bathroom, retrieved your clothes that were hanging on the balcony hand rails, checked your belongings and left the room.

you walked to a rental place where you could rent different types of boats for different types of water activities. nate chose a motorboat, so you could arrive at the location in the blink of an eye.

standing on the dock, the salty breeze of the ocean blew on your face and entered your nose. the waves rolled in, causing the boat to dip up and down.

you were still standing on the dock because an instructor was stalling you and nate. once the instructor was done talking about how to use the motorboat, nate stepped in the boat first. once he was in, he outstretched his hand towards you.

you took his hand, stepping in the boat carefully. you were startled when he pulled you in for a peck.

"nate!" you gasped. "didn't i say–"

he silenced you with another peck.

"i didn't kiss you." he defended. "there's a difference between a peck and a kiss."

this sly guy, you thought.

"i thought i was going to fall over!"

"i would never let that happen!" he gasped dramatically, clasping his hand on his mouth.

"can we go now?"

"aye aye, captain."

recalling the instructor's instructions, he started the engine of the boat. he started off slow then as he got the hang of it, he drove off fast.