𝟐𝟑

♕

A MAN WAS SITTING ACROSS FROM YOU, wearing a white suit and an eyepatch. he had armed henchmen in the background, just like your old enemy, braddock, keeping an eye on you and nate.

"why do you want the map?"

"i'll tell you... if you tell me what roman wants with my ring." nate gestured to his necklace to which the boss replied, "because he knows it means something special to you."

"okay, let's have it." nate reached for the map that was on the table, but the man got to it before he did, sliding it towards him.

the henchmen got up from their seats, ready to shoot. you weren't armed, so that was a problem.

the boss slipped the map into his jacket pocket. he took nate's necklace and wore it around his neck.

if only he didn't have armed henchmen in the room right now.

"now..." the boss trailed. "you're gonna tell me about what's so important about an old nazi map."

"hey, put 'em down, boys! nice and slow!" you heard a familiar voice. you all turned to where the voice was coming from.

sully stood at the entrance of the place, pointing a gun at the men.

"what?" nate noticed something odd. "what is that thing on your face?"

sully had grown a mustache. "puberty's right around the corner, kid. you can grow your own."

while they were fixated on sully, you disarmed one of the henchmen and nate disarmed the boss. nate pointed the gun directly at the boss' head and stole a couple things from him such as the map, his necklace and a cigar, which he tossed to sully.

sully caught it, smelling the cigar. "montecristo. i'm impressed."

"you're gonna be dead before you can smoke it."

"hey, it's a pleasure doing business with you and um..." nate grinned smugly as he dangled the necklace. "would you look at that?"

the boss' gaze shifted to his neck then to you three, his expression darkening.

"i got friends everywhere, drake." the boss growled.

"oh, yeah? can't wait to meet 'em." nate chuckled.

"you have friends?" you mocked.

"you little bitch."

"ah, ah, i wouldn't call her a bitch if i were you." sully warned the boss.

"best you listen to the old man." you smirked, turning the gun's safety off.

you started to back up, guns still trained on them.

"old man, you were supposed to be here yesterday. where were you?" you clicked your tongue at sully, but your sour mood changed when he said, "did you know you need special papers to bring an animal on a plane? i did not know that." that meant he brought his cat, mr. whiskers.

"you trying to tell me i almost just bought it because you brought your damn cat?" nate asked.

"hey, i go everywhere with mr. whiskers, okay?" the cat meowed in his backpack.

"a damn cute cat." you cooed, petting him. you actually forced sully to name his cat mr. whiskers. he didn't like it at first, but it grew on him.

"by the way, you look good today, pickpocket girl." sully complimented.

"she looks good everyday." nate corrected.

"sure thing, lover boy. let me see the map."

nate complied.

sully skimmed and scanned through the map before confirming, "this is the big one, kids."

"you ready?"

"ready as we'll ever be."

"yeah."

"let's go."

you were about to leave, but stopped in your tracks. you raised your arms in a surrender position, exchanging looks with nate and sully.

"oh, crap."

a/n:

this is it. this is the end of book 1.

thank you so so much for reading
this book! thank you for your votes, comments, love, support and everything.
see you soon in the sequel! 💞👋