𝟏𝟐

♕

NATE'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN to see sully standing before him and a worried, angry, bleeding you sitting beside him.

"she got you guys pretty good, huh?"

sully grimaced at the sight of your blood dripping and staining the pure white salt around you in a crimson red color.

"what happened to my brother?" nate immediately asked about sam, getting up.

he opened his mouth to make an excuse, but closed it when you hissed at him angrily, "don't give us another one of your bullshit excuses."

"where's sam, sully?" nate asked again.

"i should have told you before, but your brother... he's gone."

you froze.

"no, he's not. you said he ghosted you."

"he's gone. he didn't ghost me."

you looked at nate, seeing his face riddled with despair. you had never seen him so distraught. the last time you saw him distraught was when his brother left him in the orphanage, now he left him for real.

"we went down to the captain's tomb together to find the journal and it was there, right where sam said it would be." he started. "we were on our way out and braddock and her guys cut us off. they opened fire and sam got shot."

"so, you just left him there to die."

"i saw a way out, so i took it–"

"so, you just left him there to die."

you were unable to believe that sam was actually dead. you were in denial. sam promised he would return. he promised.

"what was i supposed to do? get shot too? there was nothing i could do." sully shook his head.

"how could you not tell us this?"

"if i did, you never would have come with me."

"and why is that so important, huh? the hell are we doing here and not somebody else?"

"your brother believed that there was a final place, a last trick the eighteen played. i thought maybe he said something or sent one of you something. shit, all he ever did was talk about you two."

"so you dragged us all the way out here, let us believe that we might see my brother again, because you thought one of us knows something?"