𝟏𝟖

♕

ARRIVING AT THE LOCATION, nate rotated the propellers of the motorboat in the reverse direction and turned it a little sideways, making the boat stop completely. the location of the treasure was inside a cave of a neighboring island.

the problem was it was a dead end. there was no sign of the treasure, only water, rocks and water. that was what you thought until you looked below.

nate dove into the water. he waited for you to join him and swam towards the opening below that led to a much bigger cave.

you stopped by a protruding rock to catch your breaths, holding onto it for support, but your breaths hitched when you spotted old yet majestic pirate ships on a protruding land in the distance.

you exchanged looks with him then resumed swimming. reaching the land, you couldn't contain your excitement and climbed up one of the ships.

"six out of ten. you were a little sloppy, but overall great performance." nate said, following after you.

your upper body strength wasn't as good as his.

"are you rating my strength?" you rolled your eyes. "oh, i'm sorry for being busy being the brains."

he snickered at your reaction.

making it to the main deck, you heard creaking beneath your feet. the ship was fragile hence why the floors were creaking, so you mentally noted to becareful lest you wanted the ship to go down.

"like what you see?"

nate's question caught you off guard.

"uh, what?"

"like what you see?" he referred to his abs which were prominent due to his wet, transparent shirt.

"and he's returned to his cocky self."

you flipped your wet hair onto his face, striding away from him towards the ship's orlop. he recoiled, feeling a stinging pain on his face.

"jesus! your hair's like a whip!"

"i'd do it again."

"you'd do that to your boyfriend?"

you scoffed and laughed at the same time.

"oh, so you're my boyfriend now?"

you used to think of each other as close friends or siblings even, but the treasure hunt drastically changed that.

"did my ears deceive me last night?"

"fine. can we please focus on these literal pirate ships, boyfriend?" you asked with a fake sweet voice.

he complied. "just for you, girlfriend."

"oh, god."

the orlop was the lowest deck, used for covering storage and cargo. the treasure had to be hidden in the orlop somewhere. it couldn't be in the captain's cabin, the first hiding place that came into mind, because the eighteen definitely wouldn't want it to be found that easily, unless they were stupid.