𝟎𝟑

♕

YOU, NATE AND VICTOR who you now referred to as sully since you were acquainted, walked down the street together.

"there's an auction coming up." sully started. "biggest collection of spanish renaissance art and artifacts anywhere this century. one of those items is la cruz de la hermandad."

nate drank his coffee while you listened intently.

he showed a picture of the item. it was a cross-looking key made of gold that had intricate designs and red gemstones on each ends. "only it's not a cross, it's a key. a key that unlocks the chamber where the infamous eighteen hid their gold."

nate snatched the picture.

"very cool, but the legend said there are two keys. one for the captain and one for the crew, so no one man could steal the gold by himself. one key doesn't do us any good." he said.

"you ever get outside when you were a kid? how do you remember all this shit?"

nate grinned smugly.

the picture was snatched back into the older man's grasp.

"only one thing. i already have the captain's key."

"good." you spoke, clasping your hands. "where is this auction you were talking about?"

"second one's in there." he pointed at the building with glass for walls and a red banner that had the word 'augustine' on it which must be the name of the company. "the augustine. it's an auction house. it's very exclusive, but i got us on the list."

"what's the plan?"

"all i need is for nate to kill the power during the auction. that'll trigger the main alarm then i can do my thing."

"what about me?"

"you'll be the distraction."

you quirked a brow.

"there are eyes everywhere." sully continued. "make sure no one suspects or follows nate into the power room. i mean you're his guardian after all, so i don't think you'll have a problem with this job."

"okay... and how are we supposed to do those things?" nate asked.

"well, shit, that's up to you two. you gotta bring something to the equation. i'm not cuttin' you in for fun." sully shook his head.

worst partner ever.

"that's a good point. we haven't spoken about our cut yet. i assume we're fifty-fifty, right?"

"fifty-fifty? on what? the gold?" sully scowled at nate. "are you high? this has been years of my life."

"this has been years of our life too." you mirrored his expression.

"well, i'm older." he concluded. "you get twenty percent, so ten percent for each of you, and that's me being generous."

"wow, that's awfully generous."

"unbelievable."

you and nate walked past him.

"what are you going to do with that kinda money?"

sully ended up not helping, so you and nate had to figure out how to do the half-assed plans he gave you yourselves. you didn't even get to negotiate.

you went back to your apartment and did research on the layout of the building. you connected pieces of paper on the window, writing down where the power room was, where the exit was, etcetera.

you mostly did the work. nate would help with a few because he was busy working out. you were the brains and he was the brawns, but occasionally, you would work out too since strength was a necessity when it came to stealing.

gone was the skinny little boy. you remembered when you would always tease nate for not being manly, now he was jacked.

he kept flexing his abs, arm muscles and back muscles while you were researching all day.

"are you done yet?" you yawned, stretching your arms, finished with your research. "i can smell your sweat even from a mile away."

"not– yet– just– a– a little– more–"

he was doing pull ups, using the top bunk as leverage. as he was about to be done, he was taken aback by your face inches away from his and fell on the floor on his back.

you bursted out laughing.

"how did you get there?" he laid in defeat. "are you the flash or something?"

"world's biggest mysteries."

"my back." he tried to get up. a part of you felt bad, but the face he made was hilarious.

"the top bunk is mine now!" you quickly put the blanket on top of you. "it's a big day tomorrow, so you should review the work i did and go straight to sleep, okay? okay, goodnight!"

he groaned in annoyance. he was going to get back at you somehow. a light bulb suddenly went off in his head and he texted sully.

a/n:

the work out scenes made me scream.