𝟏𝟔

♕

IT FINALLY DAWNED ON HIM. the reason behind the erratic beatings of his heart, the heat rising to his cheeks and the swarm of butterflies in his stomach was because he was in love with you. romantic love as a matter 'o fact.

it all made sense now.

"(name)?"

you hummed as you were tidying the coffee table, sorting out the map and the postcards.

"can i get something off my chest?"

"you don't even have to ask."

this was it. he was going to do it.

"ever since this whole treasure hunting business, i've been feeling different towards you."

"different?"

he breathed in, building up the courage to confess.

"i'm in love with you, (name). i'm not talking about the friendship or sibling figure kind of love, i'm talking about love love." he confessed.

your eyes widened.

"seeing you in the dress i chose for you, hearing you call me your nate, you accidentally landing on top of me, you pretending we were a married couple." he named every single moment that made him realize how hard he had fallen for you.

he loved you.

and you loved him.

romantically, not platonically.

"i just wanted to get this off my chest. it's fine if you don't reciprocate my–"

"i feel the same way." you cut him off, a big smile plastered on your face upon knowing the feeling was mutual. "i'm in love with you too, nate."

it was his turn to widen his eyes.

"you're not joking?"

"i'm not joking. every time you interact with chloe makes me wanna rip her apart. that's how i realized."

"you're jealous?"

even he thought jealousy was the last thing you would ever feel.

"what if i am? got a problem with that?"

"not at all. i was just curious."

déjà vu.

after confessing to one another, silence resided in the room. during the silence, he stared at your lips. then, he decided to break it.

"may i?"

he wasn't being specific, but you caught on with what he was trying to ask to do.

"kiss me."

he couldn't resist the temptation, so with that, he collided his lips with yours.

the slow, gentle kiss turned into a deep, passionate one. things started to escalate quickly.

nate could barely look at you in the eyes a while ago, but it was as if a switch had flipped inside of him.

you swung your leg over to straddle his lap, arms snaking around his neck, bodies fitting perfectly together like puzzle pieces.

his hands fumbled with your robe, removing it, grazing his fingertips against your bare skin. you were left in your undergarments.

"are you okay with this?"

"keep going."

his hands travelled from your cheeks, to your arms, to your waist, to your hips, stopping to your thighs.

he caressed your thighs, reveling in the cute little whimpers and moans escaping your mouth.

"you're so cute." he said through the kisses.

he carried you to the king sized bed and crawled on top of you, his hands at either sides of your head and his knee in between your legs.

you detached lips, foreheads touching, chests heaving up and down. his dark brown eyes melted into yours, clouded with both love and lust. his cheeks were flushed. his dark brown hair was disheveled, a few strands out of place, making him look a hundred times hotter than he already was. his muscles bulged with every movement he made.

you looked and felt the same way. messy, hot, whipped as hell, lustful.

"will you be my girlfriend?"

you nodded.

"will you be my boyfriend?"

"hell yeah."

he leaned back down to reattach lips, intertwining fingers which was a cute action in contrast to the steamy make-out session.

this lasted for hours. kissing, holding and staring at each other. you didn't go too far because nate wanted to take you on dates and wanted your wound to heal first. he had to stop himself from going any further as you weren't some one night stand. you deserved to be treated right, especially after all you've done for him.

you were there for him when he needed a shoulder to cry on. you were there for him when he needed someone. you were there for him when he needed something. you stayed by his side.

truth be told, you stayed by his side on your own will, not only because sam entrusted you. even though he was such a headache to deal with.

"it's night." you cocked your head, looking out the balcony, noticing the darkness. "you hungry?"

"starving." he grinned his signature smug grin. "wanna have our first date tonight?"

you took his lips for another kiss.

"i'll take that as a yes."

a/n:

i'm someone who loves slowburn, so you're gonna have to wait for the sequel of uncharted if you want juicier details heheh.