Chapter 14

To Ichiro's surprise, he woke up to Ruichiro and the traveller having breakfast at Good Hunter's.

"Mm, that sticky honey roast was delicious!" Paimon exclaimed as she sat on her seat, completely bloated.

"Thank you again for paying, Ruichiro." Lumine said. "It's no problem, really. I've earned a lot from commissions and never know what to do with it. It's nice to have some company once in a while. And please, call me Rui." Ruichiro happily replied.

"Besides it's Ichiro's money we're spending anyway." Ruichiro internally snickered.

"I'm awake, tupitsa." Ichiro said making Ruichiro flinch.

Lumine saw Ruichiro flinch. "Is there something wrong, Rui?" She worriedly asked. Ruichiro immediately shook his head. "No, no. Everything is fine." He nervously replied.

"My money is also your money durak. If you waste all of it, we'll both suffer." Ichiro sighed out.

Though money was never a problem for them considering that he was still doing small jobs for the Tsaritsa and they bearly needed to eat. All they needed to pay for was the rent Goth Grand Hotel because Ichiro thought it was too risky to have the Fatui cover their expenses. Nevertheless, Ichiro still prohibited Ruichiro from spending, knowing his carelessness.

If Ichiro wasn't there to provide and stop him, Ichiro bets that they would probably end up the same way as a very old friend of theirs.

"Well, if you ever need any company in the future, we will happily join you!" Paimon grinned as she gave a thumbs up. "You just want free food, don't you?" Lumine deadpanned.

"Hey! Paimon's not that heartless! Hmph!" She said as she crosses her arms at the blonde.

Ruichiro chuckled at the two. "You're both so energetic, I like it!" He said as he gave a wide smile making the other two look at each other with a smile.

"How long have you known each other?" Ruichiro asked. "Well, a few months ago, Lumine caught Paimon by a fishing rod." Paimon explained.

"Eh?" Ruichiro looked at them confused. "I was fishing when I fished out Paimon and saved her from drowning." Lumine explained.

"Oh alright. Wait. Earlier, you said that you can control the anemo element without a vision right? How is that?" Ruichiro asked.

"Oh! Paimon can answer this one! It's because Lumine is from another world!" She said.

As Paimon explained Lumine's story, Ichiro was listening intently.

"Asmoday? Why would she interfere? She doesn't usually go out of Celestia unless ordered. And they don't usually just kill off someone for no reason." Ichiro thought carefully.

"-And then the Unknown God said something about the 'arrogation of man kind'-"

Ichiro's eyes widened. "Arrogation of man kind? Did she mean Khaenri'ah? Is the traveller from Khaenri'ah?" Ichiro thought.

Ruichiro's eyes widened as he heard Ichiro's thoughts.

"Lumine's from Khaenri'ah?!" He internally exclaimed while trying to look composed and listening on the outside.

"It's just a theory, Rui. Don't act on it and just focus on them." Ichiro told him.

Unbeknownst to Ruichiro, Ichiro was already storing that small information inside the locked room, making Ruichiro completely forget about what the Unknown God and in extension, his thoughts of Lumine possibly from Khaenri'ah.

"And... That's about it!" Paimon said as she proudly grinned. "Anyway, we need to go and do something." Paimon reminded Lumine who nodded and began to get up.

"Oh? Leaving already? It seems that you're busy as ever now, Lumine. Is there anything I can help you with? Think of it as a way to thank you for accompanying me this morning." Ruichiro asked as he charmingly smiled.

Lumine lightly blushed before letting out a nervous laugh. "N-no need. The breakfast was enough." She said.

"Are you sure? I have a lot of connections in the guild that may help." Ruichiro feigned a worried expression.

"Please just say yes and tell me what you're doing." Ruichiro pleaded internally.

Lumine hesitated before sighing and giving in. "Well, there is one thing." Lumine told him as Ruichiro nodded, gesturing her to continue.

"Uh, do you happen to know where the Holy Lyre of Barbatos is being kept?" Lumine asked in a hushed voice.

Ruichiro's eyes widened. "What could she possibly want with the Lyre?" Ichiro asked.

"W-well, from what I believe, it's being kept at the Church of Favonius, guarded by many Knights and nuns." Ruichiro explained as Lumine sighed in frustration.

"But what could you possibly want with the Lyre? And why are we whispering?" Ruichiro asked. Lumine looked hesitant but answered. "Well, a lot happened yesterday and we think that there's a chance that we might save Stormterror." She explained as Ruichiro looked at her in shock.

"That bard is definitely involved. She wouldn't ask about the Lyre if he wasn't involved. Celestia knows he's the only one who knows how to channel its powers." Ichiro told him.

"How many guards do you think will be guarding it?" Lumine asked him.

"Well, there should be about 20-30 knights patrolling the area? But if you time it right, there should only be about 15-20 since as far as I know, some also patrol other parts of the church." Ruichiro informed her.

"B-but wait, if you needed the lyre, why can't you just ask for it?" He asked.

"Rui, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Ichiro warned him. "I'm trying to look clueless and innocent, so shush." Ruichiro explained.

Lumine sighed. "I doubt they'll give it to us and I certainly doubt that they'll believe our story." She told him.

Ruichiro nodded. "Well, that's all I know. I hope it helped you. I really wish I could join you and help you on your mission but I still have commissions to do." Ruichiro told them as they got up.

"It's no problem, bye Rui!" Paimon exclaimed as she waved as she walked away from them. Ruichiro waved back until they were out of sight.

"I need the body." Ichiro told him.

"Yeah, yeah. Already on it." Ruichiro told him as they entered Goth Grand Hotel. Since it's been 500 years since Ruichiro has made an appearance as himself, none of the recruits no longer recognized him because it was always Ichiro who appeared in Snezhnaya every once or twice a year. So as he entered, none of the Fatui recruits paid him any mind.

As Ruichiro entered the bathroom and closed the cubicle, the body immediately grew taller and changed appearance.

They stepped outside the cubicle to reveal Ichiro, stretching his arms and neck. Ichiro looked at the mirror. As he saw the black marks on his neck, he clicked his tongue as he pulled out the bandages and securely wrapped it around his neck to cover the marks. He pulled out his gloves and wore it as he stepped out and immediately headed to his room.

As they reached their room, Ichiro sat down at his desk and pushed a button. Seconds later, a Fatui recruit knocked on his door before entering and bowed to Ichiro.

"Yes, my lord?" She asked. "Anya, give this message to the Fair Lady and tell her to act accordingly." Ichiro said as he finished writing the letter and put it inside an envelope and waxed it shut.

Anya bowed as she carefully took the note and left to accomplish her orders. Ichiro leaned back on his chair in thought, formulating his next steps.

Things are about to get interesting.

~ ~ ~ {¤} ~ ~ ~

A/N: This was definitely longer than expected. (That's what she said)

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like the story!