Chapter 21

"How much do you know about... Pregnancy." Zhongli choked on his tea as Ichiro finished his sentence while Ichiro only looked at him with a confused expression.

"Are you alright?" Ichiro looked at him weirdly as he asked and handed a napkin to Zhongli, who had immediately taken it to wipe himself up.

Zhongli then cleared his throat. "Yes. Yes, of course." He answered as he tried to process what Ichiro had told him.

"You sure?" Ichiro asked. "Yes, yes. Continue." Zhongli told him as he cleared his throat again.

"Well, how well do you know about the subject?" Ichiro asked as Zhongli thought for a moment. "I have read about the subject before."

"Why? Did you and Guizhong screw before?" Ichiro asked cluelessly as Zhongli's eyes widened at his bluntness.

"No! No, of course not!" He immediately denied as some of the guests glanced at him because of his sudden raise of tone. He cleared his throat as he adjusted his seating.

"Anyway, back to the subject. Don't tell me..."

"Yeah. I somehow got my wife pregnant." Ichiro sighed. "Some people would be happy about this... revelation." Zhongli told him as Ichiro leaned back on his seat.

"I know, but she told me that she wants to... terminate it. With everything going on with the Fatui, though I can't really tell you any of our plans. All I can tell you is that... things are about to go down very soon." Ichiro told him.

"Hm, and it seems that you dislike the idea of the termination." Zhongli told him as he scoffed. "Dislike would be an understatement." Ichiro muttered before sighing.

"As much as I would like to have a child, I get where she's coming from. I can't really blame anyone in this." Ichiro said as he drank his sake before filling his cup again.

"Why were you asking if I knew anything about it?" Zhongli asked as Ichiro sat up on his seat as he remembered what he wanted to ask.

"Mm! Oh yeah. I wanted to ask if the pregnancy would be different from mortals since... Well, I'm a God." Ichiro asked as Zhongli thought for a moment.

"This... Is something you should ask Celestia, don't you think?" Zhongli asked but Ichiro groaned and sunk in his seat.

"I know, that's what I first thought but once Celestia finds out I got someone pregnant, I'd have to tell them about her and they'd be watching me like a hawk and if they're watching me like a hawk, I won't be able to handle the Fatui, or else they'd find out about what we're planning." Ichiro whined as he rambled, making Zhongli chuckle. Ichiro raised an eyebrow at him.

"What?" Ichiro asked. "Nothing. I just forgot that you're still a child." Zhongli chuckled as Ichiro looked at him cluelessly.

"I've watched you grow throughout your early years, Ichiro. And unfortunately, due to certain circumstances, you were forced to grow up too fast." Zhongli said as Ichiro flinched.

"You've missed out on a childhood." Zhongli told him as Ichiro looked away and drank his cup of sake in one go before filling it up again. "I don't want to talk about it." Ichiro muttered as he looked at the citizens passing by and children running around, chasing each other.

Zhongli sighed but obliged as they ate their meal, which was just placed down, in silence.

Meanwhile, the traveler had just finished talking with adepti, what was strange though was that while Childe had told them that there were five adepti, all five of them mentioned a certain him when they talked about meeting up.

"Heh, I doubt that he will show up though." Moon Carver tells them, or well, more to himself.

"Hm, one guesses that we'll have to drag him back to reach a conclusive solution." Cloud Retainer says.