Special Chapter X: Kunikuzushi

A/N: Okay so I lied. I thought of one more special chapter a few minutes after a published the chapter last week. But as promised, the main story starts tomorrow, Wednesday.
Ngl, I kind of forgot about Scaramouche appearing in the festival.

~ ~ ~ ¤ ~ ~ ~

"To whoever reads this letter: I,  Kaedehara Yoshinori, have been held to a certain secret throughout my entire life. I don't have much longer in this world, and after much consideration, I've finally decided to disclose the matter.

All those years ago, when I was pursuing the swordsmiths alongside Commissioner Kamisato of the Yashiro Commission, I was not injured by one of the fleeing smiths.

It was night, and after the clues led us down to shore, I waited for the culprits to show themselves. However, there were no swordsmiths in sight, only a single eccentric stranger.

This stranger claimed to be the one behind the failed forgings and said that he had been patiently waiting for us. He then threatened to destroy the Raiden Gokaden.

That person was of able body, and in a blink of an eye, myself and the accompanying samurai had been defeated.

Commissioner Kamisato was severely wounded, and I barely escaped death myself. My hat had fortunately blunted a blow to my head.

The unusual stranger could've easily claimed my life at that moment. But, after noticing my appearance, he stopped his attacks, and sternly asked if I had any connections to the name "Niwa".

I answered that it was my father's surname and after my father disappeared, I was adopted by the Kaedehara family.

Upon hearing my answer, the stranger paused. After a long silence, he suddenly said: "Tell her this. My name is Kunikuzushi."

Suddenly, a figure emerged from the shadows behind him, calling out to him.

"Kunikuzushi, they're here." The figure had told him. I couldn't clearly see his face but his eyes always seemed to haunt me.

His left eye was covered by a portion of his hair but his other eye was a very bright purple that stared ominously into my soul when he glanced at me.

Both of them then turned and left

Both of them then turned and left..."

~ ~ ~ {¤} ~ ~ ~

A/N: Unlike the previous special chapters, this one will be canon for my story. Basically, this scene is where Ichiro first took Scaramouche from Inazuma to introduce him to the Tsaritsa.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like the story!