Chapter 16

Ichiro woke up surprisingly early as he saw Rosalyne sleeping peacefully beside him.

Ichiro was brushing his teeth and getting ready for the day.

"Alright, you need to make me a body faster because I can't keep hearing you two screw for another day." Ruichiro suddenly said.

Ichiro flinched and choked on the toothpaste. Ichiro was surprised by Ruichiro's sudden appearance as he didn't talk much the previous evening.

"Ugh, this is like having the worst roommate ever." Ichiro internally muttered as he heard Ruichiro gasp.

"le gasp. Did you seriously call me the worst roommate ever?" Ruichiro dramatically asked and Ichiro swore he could imagine Ruichiro having his hand dramatically at his chest, feigning offence.

"Did you seriously just say 'le gasp' out loud?" Ichiro internally deadpanned.

"Fair enough." Ruichiro said.

As Ichiro washed up and wiped his mouth, he stepped out the bathroom to see Rosalyne adorably rubbing her eyes. He leaned on the bathroom door's frame and looked at her. She looked adorble. Adorable and incredibly vulnerable.

"Well, aren't you just adorable." Ichiro teased. Rosalyne sleepily glared at him. A knocked came from the door.

"I'll get it. You go and get ready." Ichiro told her as he pointed at the closet where he had noticed earlier that Rosalyne had already organized her clothes inside the closet.

Ichiro closed the bedroom door to give her some privacy and opened the room's entrance door to reveal a very frantic agent.

"Can I help you?" He asked. The recruit quickly bowed before standing up straight and answering.

"The Holy Lyre has been stolen from our base, my lord." The recruit informed him while Ichiro just looked passively at him.

"Oh right, I was supposed to tell Rosalyne about the traveller's plans... I forgot about that." Ichiro carelessly thought.

"What?!" Ichiro turned around to see Rosalyne in one of the room's robes.

The agent's eyes widened as he saw his superior in a different clothing than what he usually sees. Ichiro narrowed his eyes at the recruit.

"Thanks for informing us, we'll deal with it immediately." Ichiro's voice snapped the boy out of his trance.

His eyes widened as he saw the glare Ichiro was giving him as well as the aura he was emitting.

"I- m- my lord, I-" The recruit was cut off by the door slamming on his face. Fear was written among his face as he feared the worst.

While Ichiro was still the least active Harbinger out of the 12, he was still the most popular because of the rumors that went inside Zapolyarny Palace about his time back when he was still active and had his own set of groups below him.

Ichiro sighed as he closed the door, seeing Rosalyne's furious face behind him.

"This is going to be a pain." Ichiro internally complained.

"Why did you shut the door? We need more information." She sternly asked him. "Well I'd appreciate it if you wore proper clothing when receiving information." He calmly told her as he went to his desk and arranged a few papers. Rosalyne narrowed her eyes at him.

(A/N: But let's be honest, a robe would cover her more than her outfit.)

"You're suspiciously calm about this. Why is that?" She asked him. Ichiro sighed.