Chapter 1

Author's Note: 

Author's Note: 

Welcome! This story is a Deathly Hallows canon divergence, a war AU with a spy/handler dynamic starting at the Battle of the Seven Potters. 

The story is complete and already published on AO3 and ff net. The tagging system on Wattpad isn't as helpful as on AO3, so I wanted to make readers aware of potentially triggering themes throughout. I placed trigger warnings on individual chapters in case anyone needs them. 

Here are the potentially triggering tags used on AO3: graphic depictions of violence, implied/referenced rape/non-con (not between major characters), implied/referenced suicide, dubious consent, explicit sexual content, minor character death, HEA.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out:

twitter: https://twitter.com/mistresslynn14

tumblr: https://mistresslynndramione.tumblr.com/ instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mistresslynn42/

reddit: /u/PrincessRapBattles

Facebook: Lynn Dramione

Discord: mistresslynn#1535

A big thank you to my beta, Bek_48 , who is CRIMINALLY underrated as an author. If you're looking for something different and extremely well written, check her out!

The gorgeous cover art by was gifted to me by the wonderful translators: Pir_Piromanka, Shampoo_ish and Kayrainit! You are all amazing, thank you.

Disclaimer: In its use of intellectual property and characters belonging to JK Rowling, Warner Bros, Bloomsbury Publishing, et cetera, this work is intended to be transformative commentary on the original. No profit is being made from this work.

************************************************

July 1997

"He could have died." Ron's voice was broken.

Hermione considered her best friend, sitting on the bed across from her and bent over, resting his elbows on his knees. She could see a small wet spot on the floor in between his legs. Another tear fell to the ground, barely making a sound as it hit the wooden slabs. She reached out and squeezed the side of his thigh in support. It was warm, like Ron was.

Harry had a hand on his upper back, and his face was contorted in pain and guilt. She knew what Harry was thinking. It was only an ear, but it was close. George almost died in order to move him from the Dursley's house. Mad-Eye Moody did die. Just a few months ago, Dumbledore had died. Prior to that, Sirius had died. And his parents. All to protect him and to defeat Voldemort, which they weren't any closer to doing. Harry carried that guilt with him all the time.

"Harry?" she asked softly. He glanced up. "Do you have that picture of your parents? The one with the Order members?"

She knew he kept it on him all the time. Like his guilt. He nodded without answering and reached around to pull the folded picture out of his pocket, handing it over to her. She sat back in her chair and gently unfolded the picture, scrutinizing the smiling faces of the twenty-somethings that had fought in the First Wizarding War. Only two people were still alive in that picture. One of them was a Death Eater, and the other was downstairs in the Tonks' kitchen.