Chapter 2

"Malfoy?"

Blond hair fell over grey eyes and a sneer familiar to her since first year was plastered across his face. Even bound and hog tied on the floor, Draco Malfoy managed to look at her with superior disdain.

"Granger," he grunted.

Hermione crouched down in front of him, staring at his wary and resentful expression for a few moments. He really was a full-blown Death Eater now. Sent to kidnap the Cattermoles and throw them in jail so that Mary could face whatever sham of a trial the Muggle-born Registration Committee had in store for her.

Giving herself a mental shake, she returned to the task at hand. Ten minutes and Ron would come. There wasn't much time. She eyed Malfoy with distaste.

Ugh.

And now she had to pat the sodding Hitler youth down. While he was awake.

Cringing, she began to do so awkwardly. Checking someone for weapons or other dangerous items was infinitely easier when they were unconscious.

"The Weasel isn't doing his job? You're that hard up for a shag?" he bit out defiantly.

The main reason? They couldn't talk.

With a withering look she retorted, "I'd sooner rut against a Hippogriff."

He snorted derisively but didn't say anything else while she patted down the fabric of his robes and trousers around his legs.

Trying her utmost to maintain a detached, clinical disposition, and pointedly avoiding his gaze, she patted the area of his crotch and rear just like she had for the other two Death Eaters they had captured. It had to be done.

"What the fuck?" Malfoy choked and bucked at her touch. She felt his cock somewhere in all that fabric and yanked her hand away as if burned. "Do you get off on this?"

Hermione ignored him, face flushed with embarrassment. Eager to get the body search over with as soon as possible, she told herself she was doing her job, and he was only trying to get a rise out of her. In a few moments he'd be Tonks' problem, and she wouldn't have to deal with him ever again.

She checked his chest and abdomen, and must have hit a particularly painful area since he whimpered. Hermione felt a surge of pity. The fact that Dolohov's mission had failed certainly wasn't Malfoy's fault. And even if it was, he didn't deserve to be Crucio'd.

"Does it still hurt?" She remembered his screams of agony while she crouched with Ron and Mary in the bathroom, and shuddered internally. The Cruciatis Curse sounded so painful.

"Does it matter?" he spat back at her.

Malfoy was a Death Eater. And a prick. But she still felt sorry for him. "I saw the charm Mary did. I could try it again if you needed."