Chapter 7

October 1997

Draco surveyed the guests around his family's dining room table. Everyone from the Inner Circle was there, in addition to himself and his mother, and they were anxiously awaiting the Dark Lord's return from wherever he had been. He shifted his eyes to his mother, sitting across from him, who had the same expression on her face that she wore when they attended high-society functions.

Calm, reserved, superior. It was her game face.

He knew she was terrified and admired her ability to hide it so well. Draco had always striven for bored and disaffected, but didn't think it was appropriate anymore since he was no longer a teenager. He studied Severus' expression and observed a mixture of snobbery and vague interest bordering on anticipation.

Severus' dark gaze met his and Draco allowed the corner of his mouth to lift slightly. He was supposed to be grateful to be here. Happy to serve the Dark Lord. Lucky to have the chance to sit in with the Inner Circle.

Best not overdo it though.

He glanced at his father who was whispering to Mulciber. Draco eyed Macnair, leering at his mother. Again.

Alecto's hand brushed his thigh and he stiffened. Her fingers paused on his leg. Draco should have waited for her to sit down first and then chosen a seat far away from her. Instead, he stupidly sat across from his mother and Severus, and Alecto promptly seated herself next to him. The woman made him feel like he had a thousand maggots burrowing within his body. But moving would insult her and he didn't want to incur her wrath. His family's position was too tenuous within the Dark Lord's army.

Alecto leaned into him. Her floral perfume was strong, irritating his nose, and her hot breath grazed his ear. "I hear the Dark Lord has a treat for us today."

At the word 'treat,' her red painted nails clutched his thigh briefly.

"Excellent," Draco replied, quelling the mounting revulsion at her proximity.

He met his mother's gaze, hoping she couldn't see his disgust. His father was still conferring with Mulciber, but his icy eyes were focused on Alecto.

"I must say," Alecto purred in his ear, making him shiver. "I was disappointed you didn't return for seventh year."

Her hand slithered up his thigh and he swallowed, unsure how he could remove her fingers without consequence. Despite being repulsed, his cock twitched, and he hoped she didn't notice. Female attention was still female attention, especially that close to his prick.

"We've made some changes in detention I'm sure you would approve of." She laughed lightly, breasts pressing into his upper arm.

Draco chuckled as well and then replied, "It was decided my talents would be useful helping the Dark Lord secure a tighter allegiance within the Wizengamot and the Ministry."