Chapter 49

Hermione sat on her bed, trying and failing to read a book while she anxiously waited for Draco. She was feeling more confident in herself than she had in a long time. With her recent success with the Portkey evacuation plan, she was on more of an equal standing with the rest of the Order leaders. On top of that, she was reliably throwing off the Imperius Curse, Tonks wasn't angry at her anymore, and her friendship with Ron felt normal again. Even better, she knew that with enough research, she would get to the bottom of Kingsley's caginess regarding Draco's pardon.

Draco.

She couldn't wait for him to Apparate in. They had so much fun with the role play last time. He was so unpredictable with sex, but one thing was always constant. Whether it was slow and sensuous or fast and frenzied, he was always so passionate. He took what he wanted and gave what she needed, always so devoted to her pleasure. And the more she enjoyed herself, the more he desired her.

The problem, not that it was a problem because she absolutely loved being shagged by him, was that she found it difficult to take the lead. From the moment one of them arrived Hermione was instantly caught up in a whirlwind of sensation. Draco never left her much room to lead unless she was riding him. And even then, the way that he held her hips and thrust up into her left more of a feeling that he was molding her to his movements instead of allowing her to set the pace.

And she desperately wanted to.

The only time Hermione had really managed to be in control was when she went down on him. She absolutely loved the feeling of exerting control over Draco. He was so tall and strong and unbelievably male. And all of that strength and power was completely and utterly at her mercy. Literally in the palm of her hand.

She wanted to lead. She wanted to tell him what to do. She wanted him on his knees before her.

Hermione was nervous. She didn't know how he would react to such a request. He was usually so domineering with sex. And she wasn't even sure she knew what she wanted to request in the first place. Would he play along?

She briefly thought back to his comment about Pansy teaching him what she liked. And he did keep teasing her about tying him up. Was he serious? Was she? Maybe there was a part of him that enjoyed being ordered around on some level. But she couldn't picture it. She couldn't imagine this tall, passionate, powerful man with his grey stormy eyes being anything but domineering.

It certainly made sense with what she knew about him. Draco didn't feel like he had control over his life, body or future. Sex was an area he could completely dominate. She was smaller than him and – at least when she didn't have a wand – considerably weaker.

With a loud crack, he suddenly appeared before her. His lips lifted in a sensuous curve and his eyes had that predatory gleam she had come to associate with an intense, desperate assault on her body which left her boneless and gasping.

Hermione had to act now or he would be on top of her.

"Stop."

Draco paused, ready to pounce. His eyebrows raised curiously. "What's wrong?"

She took a deep breath but held his gaze. Unwavering.

"On your knees, Malfoy." She pointed to the ground in front of her.

The air was suddenly thick in between them. She didn't know what he would do. If he'd laugh at her or take her seriously. And then she saw a slow, subtle change in his expression. His features morphed from curious and concerned to playful and knowing.

Like they were sharing a secret.

Slowly, he sunk to his knees with a thud and she swallowed. Draco was offering himself to her. Just like that. All that strength and power before her to command.