Chapter 1-10

Prologue: The Beginning of the Mutation

In the woods like a virgin forest, there are dilapidated buildings scattered everywhere, the roar of wild beasts can be heard faintly from the depths of the jungle, and from time to time there are big strange-looking birds flying from the woods , attracting huge insects to flee. The spectacular scene of high-rise buildings in the past has become history, and the setting sun sprinkled on the broken walls and ruins, telling the sadness of human beings.

All of this was going on quietly, even if a few sporadic reports about "faster tree growth", "increased mosquito toxicity", "epidemic virus rampant" and other initial reports were submerged in the "greenhouse effect" and "sea water". up" and other news that seem to be more important.

Until the evening of March 31, 2150, an asteroid with a diameter of about 200 meters slammed into the earth. Although it was fortunate that the impact site was in the Pacific Ocean, the tsunami it caused swept all the coastal areas, causing a huge Casualties, Japan, New Zealand and other island countries have been devastated.

Just when human beings all over the world thought that the disaster was over and they were busy rescuing the injured and rebuilding their homes, no one noticed that the asteroid that fell into the deep sea was emitting a strange light on the seabed.

The radioactive material carried by this asteroid from outer space seems to have put a catalyst into the restless biological genes.

On April 1, 2150, it seemed that God and human beings played an April Fool's joke. When the sun was rising, exclamations came one after another.

At this point, the end of mankind has come.

Chapter 1: The Morning of the Doomsday
Turn off the lights and protect the eyes font: large, medium and small

[ Previous Chapter] [Contents] [Next Chapter]
At 5:48 a.m. on April 1, 2150, in the first ray of sunshine in the morning, the university in s city slowly opened its eyes.

In the bedroom, a girl with shoulder-length hair was still asleep on the bed. The girl's name is Du Jiujiu, a second-year art student at S University.

On this day, she was the only one in the empty bedroom, which made her look extraordinarily lonely. The other two roommates stayed home every weekend, and today was no exception.

Du Jiujiu had a dream. She dreamed that on the day when the family went out to play after the college entrance examination, the blue sky was spotlessly washed by the light rain that had just fallen, and the gentle wind blew through the woods in the mountains, making rustling noises.

Her father drove her and her mother on the winding mountain road in a car. The family chatted and laughed, chatting about her upcoming university life and her bright future.

At this moment, a truck rushed out from the opposite side and hit them straight, with blood staining the roof of the car red.

[The book chasing app recommended to me by an old book friend who I have known for ten years, Mimi read! It's so easy to use, I rely on this reading aloud and listening to books to pass the time before driving or going to bed. You can download it here www.mimiread.com ]

Dreams are shattered, and the future becomes dark.

Mom's arms hugged her tightly, "Jiujiu, you have to live well..."

"Mom...don't...mom...daddy..."

Du Jiujiu cried, and suddenly felt that her mother was holding her hand closer and closer, and a tingling feeling came from her neck.

She opened her eyes abruptly, ignoring the tears all over her face, and grabbed her hands around her neck, only to find that the green basket at the head of the bed had grown long vines at some point, wrapping tightly around her neck. On the vine, not only did the vines turn into an eerie crimson red, but there were also long spikes growing on them. The sting just now was a spike that pierced into her skin.