Chapter 131-140

Chapter 131 Lunchtime
Turn off the lights and protect the eyes     font: large, medium and small

[ Previous Chapter] [Contents] [Next Chapter]
"Sister Jiujiu, let's take a break, I... I really can't walk anymore."

When passing by an empty subway station, Wei Qingqing took a breath and quickly caught up with Du Jiujiu, grabbed her sleeve, and said out of breath.

Seeing her pitiful appearance, Du Jiujiu had to stop and took out a watch from her bag, and looked at the time on it.

"It's already noon, everyone is tired, right? Why don't we just rest here for a while, eat something by the way, and then continue on our way."

"Ah, that's great, I'm dying of exhaustion." Hu Xiaoyun's physical fitness is not much better than Wei Qingqing's. After walking for most of the day, his legs felt like lead filled with lead. The image, sitting directly on the cement table, took out a bottle of mineral water from the backpack and drank it.

"Sister Jiujiu, how far do we have to go to get there?" Wei Qingqing sat paralyzed beside Hu Xiaoyun and asked Du Jiujiu with a bitter face. If she had to walk like this for a few days, she would be exhausted without waiting for the mutant creatures to start.

Du Jiujiu couldn't help laughing and laughing when she saw her appearance. She couldn't bear the pain anymore. Then she went to the imperial capital with Luo Yucheng, how could she endure the hardships along the way.

Du Jiujiu sighed, but raised his flashlight and pointed it at the subway station outside the glass.

The white wall of the waiting room reflected the light of the flashlight, so that Du Jiujiu could vaguely see the words on the stop sign - Beishan Park Station.

"It turns out that this place used to be a park. There must be many mutant plants outside. No wonder I didn't see people living nearby." Du Jiujiu muttered to himself, such uninhabited subway stations are very rare along the way, which gives this place a very reasonable explanation of.

Du Jiujiu compared the route he remembered in his mind, and then continued, "It looks like we've already walked half the way. At this speed, we can reach the exit on the other side of the tunnel tonight. But the one that Brother Luo said The place is still some distance from the exit of the subway station. We'd better rest overnight near the exit, and then leave early the next morning to rescue Professor Sun. Brother Luo, what do you think?"

"I'm not too familiar with this place, so let's listen to you." Luo Yucheng smiled at Du Jiujiu, his breathing was very even, and it seemed that this journey did not bring him any burden.

After deciding to rest here, Hu Xiaoyun lit a bonfire on the spot, stayed with Wei Qingqing and An Cheng, and ate the food he brought with him to recover his strength.

Xiaobai has always liked to be out at night, and at this time, he couldn't help shrinking into a ball and yawning a little sleepily.

And Du Jiujiu, who was still in high spirits, was eating jerky while leaning over the glass to observe the situation in the subway station.

There was no trace of anyone in this subway station, and naturally there was no trace of light. But Du Jiujiu, with his super night vision ability, was able to have a panoramic view of the scene in the subway station under the reflection of the bonfire behind him.

The spacious waiting room was empty and lifeless. The chairs were coldly placed in front of the station. Even the clock on the wall stopped running at some point. Everything seemed to be frozen before the end.

"Jiujiu, what are you looking at?" Seeing that Du Jiujiu's behavior was a little strange, Luo Yu put down the dry food in his hand and walked to her side.