CHAPTER 1

I think there is a big problem.

I looked blankly at the beautiful blonde smiling before my eyes and thought.

"What's the matter? Don't you like the drink?"

"No, it's not that. I'm just thinking."

"Thinking?"

She looked at me with her long, pretty eyelashes. Then she put down the fork she was holding with a 'clang' sound.

"Is it because... it's my birthday soon? Are you thinking about what to get me for my present?"

She laughed as if a bud had burst.That bright smile almost made me drop my glass of drink. The people passing by the caffee stopped momentarily and couldn't take their eyes off of her. How can a person be so lovely?

Her cheeks were rose pink, her blonde hair looked as if they were honey-covered, and she had a clear smile. There were no imperfections. When I see her smiling, peace washes over my heart...

Well, that's the sentence that explains her in the game. The lovely princess that everyone adores...taken away by the devil.

The ice breaks into pieces in my mouth with a crunching sound.

So now, I am the devil.

Oh, great.

"I thought I had lived my life nicely."

"Huh? What?"

"It's nothing. Tina, you're turning 16 this year right?"

"Yes, you remembered!"

Tina put her checks between her hands as if she were thrilled. I picked up the strawberries on the cake with my fork and put it in my mouth. As I chewed, sweet and fresh strawberry juice filled my mouth. It was a peaceful afternoon.

{In the year when the princess turned 16, a warrior miraculously saved her and defeated the devil.}

That line of game text lingers in my head.

'The warrior defeated the devil.'

I opened my mouth again after swallowing a strawberry.

"...That's early."

There would be no other words to express my situation more properly than this.

***

I joined this game a long time ago.

{Nectar Electric}

It was one of the most popular RPG games. It's a common story that a warrior defeats the devil and saves the world. In addition to balance, graphics, and boring quests, there were so many errors and bugs that I wondered what kind of person would play these games.

...And I'm that person. I'm a heavy user of {Nectar Electric}. Everyday I would mumble why I'm playing this game, but I still wouldn't let go.

The moment I defeated the last boss, the devil, everything became bright and now I'm in the game. If I had known this would happen, I would've played games that had many handsome guy characters in it.

After realizing I'm in this reality, what I worried about the most was 'who did I possess?'. I thought it would be one of the game characters because I was playing {Nectar Electric}, but I couldn't tell who it was.

Right now, my appearance is silver hair with red eyes, and those factors made me an incredibly beautiful woman. I couldn't remember to the point where I wondered if a person with such a rare appearance had ever even appeared in the game.