CHAPTER 46

(Haron’s POV)

Each time Haron answered with ease, the Duke’s brow furrowed even more.

“…I’ve already given you enough leeway and it seems that you’re going out of your way to be even more insolent. You know better than anyone else that there’s nothing that I wouldn’t know.”

“Have you been watching me?”

A smile slowly appeared on Haron’s face.

It was a warm smile like a calm, breezy day. However, the atmosphere that they exchanged was very cold and sharp like ice picks.

“Yeah, you’ve grown up, and you’ve worked hard for Blake Family. I thought I’d respect you a little, but it appears that it’s too much for you that you started to betray my kindness.”

Haron wanted to question the venomous words that were said by the Duke.

Respect? Kindness?

‘Maybe the Duke and I have a different understanding of what those words meant.’

Haron, who didn’t take it seriously, turned around. But the Duke grabbed him by the shoulder.

“Are you treating my words as a joke?”

“…”

“You know that my words will put all of your servants and knights in danger?”

The Duke said in a threatening voice.

However, the reaction that came back from Haron was a teasing sneer.

“Do you think that I’m still the same person who stupidly used to listen to you? Are you still using those same pathetic methods to coerce me to listen to you?”

“What…!?!”

“Unfortunately, I’m not the same little kid who used to be afraid of those words now.”

Haron’s purple eyes were shining exceptionally brightly. The Duke flinched back because his smile appeared both beautiful and somehow creepy.

“…You must have gone crazy.”

“Think as you please. Anyways, thanks to the Duke, I have nothing else to lose.”

After all, there were only a few knights on his side that continued to follow him. He really felt sorry for them to be involved in this mess because of him, but…

‘If I fall for his threat again, then nothing would change.’

Haron looked at the knights waiting for him from a few steps away. He smiled softly as he saw the two were still fighting, nudging each other with their elbows.

The Duke gritted his teeth when he saw Haron’s back, while smiling without hesitation as if he didn’t care about what he just said.

“Hey.”

“Yes, Duke.”

The aide who was listening to them from the side, answered quickly. The fact that the Duke’s current mood was not very good and could be felt, even if he closed his eyes and listened to the conversation between the two, was not a good sign.

“Call the Tower.”

“What kind of request would you like to make?”

“Find the maid.”

The Duke spit out words one at a time as if he was spitting them out in a sullen voice.

“The silver-haired maid that I met back at the lord’s estate. Bring that girl to me.”