CHAPTER 3

“Heuk.”

“Tina.”

“Sniff.”

“Tina. Don’t cry.”

“But… Devil…”

“I’m fine. So stop crying.”

I patted Tina’s messy hair carefully. Even a small action like this hurts my wrist.

‘It was reckless.’

It was really reckless of me to jump out of the window. It was hard to save Tina, and both of us could’ve died. I would never do this if I were a normal person, but this time, the feeling felt almost natural.

‘The devil’s body will not be destroyed.’

I remember the magic that naturally appeared to me just before I hit the ground.

Even though my powers were sealed, there was still a small amount where I could use almost instinctively.

Maybe if I study more about it, I can use magic whenever I’m also not in an extreme situation. Of course, I got hurt a little here and there because I failed to land perfectly. Still, Tina was safe.

“ I’m sorry, I’m sorry. You were hurt because of me…”

Tina kept apologizing to me in tears. I sat gently beside her.

“Tina. I saw you tied up all your sheets and made them into one big string. Were you trying to sneak out? Through the window?”

“That’s…”

“And then the string came loose in the middle because it wasn’t tied.”

“…Yes. That’s right.”

She answered in a weak voice. I stretched my arms while smiling and hugged her shoulders.

“I’m very scared. I miss my home and my family.”

“…”

“Sorry. I also want to send you home as soon as possible, but I don’t think it’s going to be easy right now.”

Here’s the situation. From the background story I know, the Kingdom of Lochastin – Tina’s motherland – was at a time of a great civil war and a terrible battle between the royals.

Even though she’s still young, she’s part of the royal family. It’s clear that if she goes back like this, it would be dangerous. In fact, some of Tina’s cousins and siblings died during the war.

“But tell me whenever you want to go back home. I’ll help you get back.”

“…It’s not.”

Tina’s head, which was facing against me, now turned.

“I don’t want to go back home.”

Tears welled up in her big, shiny eyes again.

“I can’t go back to the kingdom.”

“How come?”

“My father said before I left that I shouldn’t run away even if there’s a chance for me to… And if I don’t stay here like the Devil wants me to, it’ll create a big problem for the kingdom….”

Tina, who was mumbling and pouring out her words, soon grabbed my arm and began to cry.

“Well, I’m not running! I’ll stick by your side, so please don’t bother my kingdom!”

“…I won’t bother it.”

Of course I’m going to bother it. You handed over your cute little princess to the Devil’s Castle and then slept comfortably afterwards?