CHAPTER 14

“Um… I feel sleepy.”

Tina murmured, blinking her eyes. I laughed while supporting her.

“Of course you’re tired. You have been running around all day like a happy-go-lucky puppy, haven’t you?”

“Puppy… no… hmm.”

Her steps staggered and crossed. It was risky even though I was holding her arm. Her mind seems to be asleep already, with only her body moving.

“You need to go in and rest.”

I said while looking at Tina. Haron said he would take us home, so we were going to go back to the village where the small house is.

Just like when I came, I was forced to suffer from motion sickness again throughout the carriage ride.

“Are you feeling better?”

“I hope so.”

I answered while pressing down on my still-rumbling chest. Fortunately, we managed to arrive again just before I managed to throw up.

“Oh, come think of it.”

While walking down the street during sunset, Haron spoke first.

“Where did you work in the lord’s castle? I’ve been around there but I don’t think I ever saw you and others didn’t know either.”

“Ah.”

Yeah, I remember that lie. I almost forgot for a moment. I was thinking about it for a while, but it got annoying, so I decided to just twist more words.

“I got fired.”

I hope that makes sense. Even with my light tone, Haron’s expression was in shock.

“Oh… I’m sorry about that. I was rude…”

“No, don’t worry too much.”

That’s a lie. Since then, Haron has been silent while thinking deeply. Before I knew it, we arrived in front of my house. I didn’t expect to be here again so soon.

When I came last time, I put a spell inside so dust doesn’t build up. As soon as Tina got home, she laid on the bed as if she fell down and I carefully covered her with a blanket.

“Thank you so much for today. You’re on vacation and we made you work.”

“Oh, no, not at all. The family… it was a nice vacation.”

He glanced at me and carefully opened his mouth again.

“I need to try to find a way.”

“What?”

What are you talking about? He didn’t elaborate afterwards. Haron then mumbled ‘Maybe… if I say that…’

***

It was the next morning.

Like I said, I don’t like this town very much, especially Mrs. Merkel and Belsey. Besides, it was a village with other bad memories.

I wanted to leave as soon as dawn, but I guess life just doesn’t go the way I want.

“A letter has arrived.”

As soon as the morning sun came up, a messenger came to my house. And he handed me a luxurious red letter. I blinked and looked between the letter and the messenger repeatedly.

“… For me?”

“You’re Lucia, right?”

“Yes… but where did this come from?”